What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

The English dub of "The Wild Life", released elsewhere in German and/or under the title "Robinson Crusoe". 

It's a fun little kid-friendly rendering of the "Crusoe" tale, and the English dub has the benefit of Sandy Fox in a major role. 

On 8/14/2016 at 5:54 AM, tesuji said:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith for the second time.

I saw a preview for a movie called Keeping Up With the Joneses.  The trailer showed a couple who moved into a neighborhood and met their neighbors the Jones' who are very classy and just... perfect... and for some reason, out of envy or something, the couple decided to dig dirt up on the Jones' only to find out that they are actually undercover agents of some kind.  The trailer was absolutely hilarious with a Mr and Mrs Smith kind of flair.  It has Gal Gadot as half of the Jones' (she's super tall) and Isla Fisher as half of the nieghbors (she's super petite).  It was just awesomely hilarious seing Isla acting so clumsy (in the same kind of character as Shopaholic) next to Gal! 

Sully.

The perfect movie for 9/11 weekend.  That one line in the movie (paraphrased) - "It's nice to hear something positive about an airplane crash in NYC." says it all.  The movie was a bit confusing at first but then I got used to the way Clint Eastwood did the storytelling... the ending made the entire movie click into place.  I sat there while the credits were rolling and the "real people" were being shown on the screen with this nice feeling in my heart about how good it is to be American (okay, so I'm not really American - but you know what I mean).

6 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Sully.

The perfect movie for 9/11 weekend.  That one line in the movie (paraphrased) - "It's nice to hear something positive about an airplane crash in NYC." says it all.  The movie was a bit confusing at first but then I got used to the way Clint Eastwood did the storytelling... the ending made the entire movie click into place.  I sat there while the credits were rolling and the "real people" were being shown on the screen with this nice feeling in my heart about how good it is to be American (okay, so I'm not really American - but you know what I mean).

After the flops that were "Don't Breathe" and "Morgan", I decided not to try for three-in-a-row with a drama that could so easily have been melodramatic. Hence my decision to go see a kids' movie. 

1 hour ago, Ironhold said:

After the flops that were "Don't Breathe" and "Morgan", I decided not to try for three-in-a-row with a drama that could so easily have been melodramatic. Hence my decision to go see a kids' movie. 

I just saw Morgan last night. The trailers gave me the impression that it was a horror but it was really a sci-fi thriller. It was okay, nothing spectacular. I like Kate Mara, so one of the reasons why I watched it.

M.

3 hours ago, Maureen said:

I just saw Morgan last night. The trailers gave me the impression that it was a horror but it was really a sci-fi thriller. It was okay, nothing spectacular. I like Kate Mara, so one of the reasons why I watched it.

M.

I found it to be pretty well disposable as a film, to be honest. Not something I'd recommend. 

Edit - And anyone with knowledge of what was going on (such as proper interrogation technique) will see the "twists" coming far in advance. 

Edited by Ironhold

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic

Snowden.

People were pitching it as a sleeper, but it's actually a snoozer. 

It's over two hours long, and a horrific percentage of that time is narration and exposition instead of acting things out. Couple this with the overly long ending, and I had trouble staying awake. 

10 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Really! Isn't it depressing?

Didn't find it so, the ending where his choice was to end his life, not crazy about that,  yet sometimes I wrestle with how much our medical field does to extend life rather than let things take there course. So not crazy about the ending , so many movies are violent with murder at the drop of a hat this one had some really emotion along with dealing with lifes tragic questions.