What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

16 hours ago, Maureen said:

We definitely agree on this one. I might have to go see it again. :)

M.

That was #4 at the theaters for us!  I wouldn't be surprised if my boys ask to see it 4 more times... we haven't even seen Dr. Strange yet!

Edited by anatess2

On 11/9/2016 at 1:08 PM, beefche said:

Dr. Strange. Definitely added to the Avengers universe. 

Cumberbatch was great....I just like him. But for me, the best character? The Cape. The Cape was so quirky, compassionate, loyal, fierce, and just wonderful. 

Stay until the after credits scene....sets up the next movie.

Just to clarify for those who are not familiar with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  Marvel has now adopted the tradition of doing mid-credit scenes and post-credit scenes to set up the next offerings of the MCU.  So, in Dr. Strange, the mid-credit scene sets up the next appearance of Dr. Strange in the MCU while the post-credit scene sets up the Dr. Strange sequel.

So, my family has made it a tradition to talk about what we liked, not liked, wondered about, etc. in the movie while the credits are rolling.  So far, the movie audiences have not cared about us moving seats and chattering all throughout the credits as long as we go shhhh during the mid-credit and post-credit scenes.

We did a double-feature:

Dr. Strange at 7:15

The movie was good but I didn't like the abstract imagery.  It looks like how movies portray "tripping on acid".  For a while there I thought one of the masters was Black Panther... those 2 actors could be in a movie where they're twins...

The Arrival at 10:00

Not a good choice for a 2nd movie on a double-feature... this one required a fresh brain to follow.  It was really good though.  I'm going to put this on my list of watch again movies.

"Fantastic Beasts"

The film had an alarming tendency to undercut itself thanks to its cliches and its tendency towards foreshadowing to the point of telegraphing. 

And yes, I agree with those individuals who have drawn comparisons between Scamander and The Doctor. 

On 11/11/2016 at 8:05 AM, anatess2 said:

The Arrival at 10:00

Not a good choice for a 2nd movie on a double-feature... this one required a fresh brain to follow.  It was really good though.  I'm going to put this on my list of watch again movies.

I heard The Arrival was a great movie, and lots of fun for linguistic types (especially for SF-geek linguistic types).

On 11/24/2016 at 11:16 PM, NeuroTypical said:

Kubo and the two strings.  Family loved it.  Me too, it's just that when I'm surprised by a movie involving dead parents, well...

FeelsFeelingFacebook.jpg

I didn't like it.  I'm not quite sure what it is that was just off... Charlize Theron was part of it.  Her voice as monkey was just not quite right with the monkey's expressions.  But it was more than that... the movie just felt off for me.

Wanted on TNT.  It was rated-R at the movies but it was edited for TV14.  Didn't matter.  The overdubs just made the bad words even more highlighted because you notice it being off (like you get thrown into a Chinese movie all of a sudden) and there's no editing the violence in the movie and the sexual stuff was in your face.  I'm kinda surprised it passed TV14 rating...

So, okay, the movie had a good concept but the cinematography was just too distracting.  Great actors, bad movie.