What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

On 2/8/2017 at 11:58 PM, a mustard seed said:

Little Boy

I think this is my new favorite movie! I absolutely adore this little kid so much and the whole message with the mustard seed and how God moves through us is one I feel particularly close to. Just an absolutely beautiful movie.

I have never heard of this movie.  I need to check it out!

Saw Viva Zapata tonight, as my daughter got a stomach virus on our last day at Disneyworld and we had to stay in!  It was OK and featured Marlon Brando in a role that foreshadowed his greatest performance of all time in The Godfather (I have an edited copy from CleanPlay DVD).

While I appreciate Viva Zapata and its historical significance, I have to be honest that it just cannot compare with A Touch of Evil.  

(By the way, after thinking about it for two days, I have decided that Out of the Past is the equal of A Touch of Evil as far as quality goes.)

Edited by DoctorLemon

On 1/30/2017 at 5:46 PM, DoctorLemon said:

Have not seen it because i heard it was boring.  Maybe i will get around to watching it someday. 

(No offense Mormongator - i have not seen it, just heard others talk about it)

Well, I have seen it.  And it was one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.  It may partially be due to the fact that I knew the punch line before I ever saw it.  But there were simply too many moments where nothing substantive was going on and they all looked as if some tremendous unearthly truth was just discovered.

Yes.  Pretty boring.

But good cinematography, set design and so forth.

Just watched Criss Cross.  Not to be confused with the child rappers of the early 1990s by the same name.  It was considered incredibly sleazy for 1949, even by film noir standards.  The producer supposedly said there was no way he would allow his children to see Criss Cross.  

Time has not been too kind to Criss Cross, as it pales in comparison to White Heat, Out of the Past, and Double Indemnity.  More significantly, it just cannot compare to A Touch of Evil.

Edited by DoctorLemon

16 hours ago, DoctorLemon said:

Just watched Criss Cross.  Not to be confused with the child rappers of the early 1990s by the same name.  It was considered incredibly sleazy for 1949, even by film noir standards.  The producer supposedly said there was no way he would allow his children to see Criss Cross.  

Time has not been too kind to Criss Cross, as it pales in comparison to White Heat, Out of the Past, and Double Indemnity.  More significantly, it just cannot compare to A Touch of Evil.

You'll have to tell me what you think about Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

On 2/11/2017 at 3:40 AM, Ironhold said:

The Lego Batman Movie. 

Just... so much disappointment and failure...

...Like Valentine's Day...

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!  The first 5 minutes was just awesome... the 9-pack.  My kids now say "pshaw pshaw pshaw" with their nerf guns.

Well, it can be expensive to take everyone to the cinema, however the dollar movies had Moana start yesterday.  We all hustled down there to try to get to see the movie.  It sold out half an hour before it started.  I discussed it with my wife and she decided we'd let all the kids stay up really late last night (5 of the kids are still sleeping now after 7AM, only one of them woke up.  I gave him the option of playing a game called Dragon Quest Heroes that he got for his birthday in a separate room to keep him quiet, or go off with me to get breakfast, he chose the video game).  Of course the kids wanted popcorn and snacks as well.

So, at $2 a ticket, we paid $16 total for entry (including the kids, me, and my wife), and then they have these things called kids packs where they have a popcorn, drink, and candy for $4.  So, I got each kid one of those for $24.  Then, my wife wanted to get a drink and a popcorn so that was another $7.  And finally, I got a tub of popcorn to refill the kids popcorn when they ran out for another $5.

Total cost for a family night out at the dollar cinema...$52.

I can see why we don't go to the movie theater as a family that often.

On Moana itself, 4 out of 6 kids give it a thumbs up.  1 out of 6 kids gives it a super thumbs up along with both big toes and their nose.  1 kid says she was neutral on it (but she was sitting right next to me and she was totally entranced the entire time...so I think she liked it more than she says she did).  Wife says she liked the music, but doesn't say anything about the rest of the movie, which indicates she didn't like something about the story...but hasn't told me.  I liked it. 

I wondered if they had any input from the Polynesian cultural center or any Mormons were involved with it.  It was a pretty fun movie.  No real romance in this one, just a fun movie overall.

I wonder how much of it was based on real Polynesian or Hawaiian Myths or not.

Guest Godless
1 hour ago, Bini said:

The Great Wall and it was meh okay. It was action packed enough that you didn't get bored but the plot just rang hollow, mostly. I would recommend waiting until it's on RedBox or Netflix or something of that nature.

That one looked intriguing but also kinda weird. Your assessment of it doesn't come as a shock at all, honestly.

Also, I don't think I've formally welcomed you back yet, so welcome back! You've been sorely missed around here!

12 minutes ago, Godless said:

That one looked intriguing but also kinda weird. Your assessment of it doesn't come as a shock at all, honestly.

Also, I don't think I've formally welcomed you back yet, so welcome back! You've been sorely missed around here!

Thanks, Godless!