What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

10 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

What was the message?

1. Always do what's right. No matter what.

2. Be who you really are.

Granted, point 2 only really becomes cool from an LDS perspective.

Edited by The Folk Prophet

"Diedre and Laney Rob A Train"

I wanted to see it because a) Sydney Freelander directed it b) it was filmed in Utah c) I heard it was appropriate for high school age...an indie film that isn't "scary", morally speaking  

What I liked: The kids who acted in it are adorable, their acting is really good (first timers as far as I know). The story is serious but portrayed with comedy. There is a touching ending, all family love, and stuff. 

What I didn't like, was the portrayal of criminal activity and a lotttt of lying coming from the kids, as cutesy. 

15 hours ago, anatess2 said:

I apologize.  Wrong John.  John Smith is not the prince.  John Rolfe is. 

I didn't remember John Rolfe being in the Disney show. It's actually been a minor bother for me for years that Pocahontas was with Smith in the movie.

Edited by SilentOne

On 3/31/2017 at 7:01 PM, SilentOne said:

I didn't remember John Rolfe being in the Disney show. It's actually been a minor bother for me for years that Pocahontas was with Smith in the movie.

Pocahontas is a 2-part movie but the 2nd movie went straight to video.

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, Maureen said:

I finally saw Beauty and the Beast. Since I'm a Dan Stevens fan, it was nice to see his acting characteristics under all that Beast CGI.

M.

We ( @LadyGator and I) saw a musical this weekend too! We watched the 25th anniversary of Les Miserables. Love the musical, and love the stage version! 

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, The Folk Prophet said:

And you thought we had nothing in common.

Funny. I always thought of you as Javert.

The Lea Salonga version of "I Dreamed a Dream" is stunning. God does not give that voice to many mortals. I think Matt Lucas is great as Thenardies but Alun Armstrong will always be my personal favorite. That DVD is truly a special treat. 

Edited by MormonGator

3 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Funny. I always thought of you as Javert.

The Lea Salonga version of "I Dreamed a Dream" is stunning. God does not give that voice to many mortals. I think Matt Lucas is great as Thenardies but Alun Armstrong will always be my personal favorite. That DVD is truly a special treat. 

The 10th anniversary is my favorite.  Lea Salonga was Eponine on that one - super awesome On My Own rendition.  But it is my favorite because I super love Colm Wilkinson!

Filipino secret:  Lea Salonga was not really "born with it".  She vocal trained from a very, very young age and got her first theater part at age 7.  She continued vocal training all throughout her career focusing on various soundscapes and tonals and emotions.  This is what makes her very unique.  She has a very technical approach to vocal control that allows her to be very exact in the way she sings day after day after day.  Her stint as the original cast of Miss Saigon was where she bloomed.  That play had her part - Kim - in almost every scene so she was singing for over an hour for every performance and with her performing both in the matinee and the regular show, she lost her voice after the first week.  She had to learn different techniques to allow her to continue performing twice a day.  It drastically expanded her range in all aspects.

It was a German prize-crowned youth film with the title "At eye level" (In German "Auf Augenhöhe").  In it it is about a home child, Michael which finds a letter of his late mother to the father. He searches the father, and thinks, the father is small-grown. First he cannot handle with it, denies his "father", and approaches at the end to him. There he finds out that his father is a "normal", but Michael has become more tolerant and more compassionate. The authors and directors of the screenplay and Movie, have developed my software for the screenplay writing (DramaQueen, available also in English.).

Edited by Mormonheart

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my wife watched a movie when she was young called Flight of Dragons.  It's an old animated movie by Rankin/Bass.  I watched it with her and found it rather enjoyable.  In some ways you can see elements of the gospel in the ideas around it, though mixed in a fantasy type movie with magic and concerns about industry vs. nature.

7 minutes ago, yjacket said:

Well you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie!

I've always been a big fan but I haven't seen all his movies. I really liked all the characters in this one. The grandma and old Indian were hilarious. 

Guest LiterateParakeet

I finally saw Moana.  Don't throw tomatoes, but it just didn't live up to the hype for me.  

*And man, my old favorite dollar theater has gone down the tubes.  That will be my last visit there....It was seriously bad, and I don't think I'm that picky. 

On 4/22/2017 at 7:14 PM, JohnsonJones said:

Well, my wife watched a movie when she was young called Flight of Dragons.  It's an old animated movie by Rankin/Bass.  I watched it with her and found it rather enjoyable.  In some ways you can see elements of the gospel in the ideas around it, though mixed in a fantasy type movie with magic and concerns about industry vs. nature.

Is this the one with John Ritter?  I SUPER DUPER LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT MOVIE!  Science denying magic and ended up saving the Magic world.... it's awesome.

Flight of Dragons and Tron basically defined my world in 1982...

The Gift.

I super love this movie.  I don't know why.  That girl just wormed her way into my heart that I ended up cheering for her all the way to the end.

Fast and Furious... what is it now... 22?

I liked this movie except for the obligatory skimpy skirt butt shots in the beginning.  I don't know why FF franchise still thinks this display is still necessary when entertaining audiences with the exhilarating feel of a drag race.   We love drag racing because of the cars.  The girls can go pound sand.