What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Disney's "The Black Cauldron"

While the film itself is beautifully animated - such that it's a testament to what the animators of the day could do - it's also such an absolutely awful adaptation that you can understand how the film failed hard enough to nearly take Disney's entire animated film division with it. 

5 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Fences.

Another awesome Denzel Washington movie.

I felt it could actually be *longer*.

As in, "TV mini-series". 

That would have been more time to fully flesh things out, especially in the second half where they used all of the montages and jump cuts. 

So, I saw The Last Jedi.  Uhmmm.  Not what I was expecting.

Several things just did not make sense.  I'm sure Cinema Sins will have a field day with it.  But... the show must go on.

If you've seen it (no spoilers) tell me that you didn't get the same feelings as Sixth Sense.  I was thinking,"Why is...? Where did that come from?  When did he have time to...? HOW ON EARTH!?!?!  Wait, something is going on.  Oh it must be... But if it is, then how did he...? Nope, that wasn't it... Oh!  That.  I sure didn't see that coming.  But it was in the books."

You know what I mean?

Edited by Guest

28 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Several things just did not make sense.  I'm sure Cinema Sins will have a field day with it.  But... the show must go on.

If you've seen it (no spoilers) tell me that you didn't get the same feelings as Sixth Sense.  I was thinking,"Why is...? Where did that come from?  When did he have time to...? HOW ON EARTH!?!?!  Wait, something is going on.  Oh it must be... But if it is, then how did he...? Nope, that wasn't it... Oh!  That.  I sure didn't see that coming.  But it was in the books."

You know what I mean?

I don't (haven't seen it yet), but Flounder knows what you're talking about.

Just saw The Last Jedi.  I actually liked the movie and thought it was better than Rogue One and The Force Awakens.  I think both The Last Jedi and Revenge of the Sith (Episode III) are underrated masterpieces on par with the original trilogy.

Speaking of underrated masterpieces, has anyone seen Pee Wee's Big Adventure lately?  An absolute masterpiece of surrealist cinema, disguised as a children's movie.  Genius!  

Edited by DoctorLemon

On 12/16/2017 at 2:36 PM, Carborendum said:

You know what I mean?

Not quite sure what you mean.  I kinda guessed what was going on with that Luke vs Kylo part.  Is that what you're talking about?  Also the frozen Leah part - that was awesome in my view.

On 12/16/2017 at 4:12 PM, DoctorLemon said:

Just saw The Last Jedi.  I actually liked the movie and thought it was better than Rogue One and The Force Awakens.  I think both The Last Jedi and Revenge of the Sith (Episode III) are underrated masterpieces on par with the original trilogy.

Speaking of underrated masterpieces, has anyone seen Pee Wee's Big Adventure lately?  An absolute masterpiece of surrealist cinema, disguised as a children's movie.  Genius!  

It's better than TFA for sure.  Not sure if I can say it's better than Rogue One or if Rogue One is better than this.  Rogue One is unique.  I mean, that Darth Vader scene is just not something you can compare with anything else.

9 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Not quite sure what you mean.  I kinda guessed what was going on with that Luke vs Kylo part.  Is that what you're talking about?  Also the frozen Leah part - that was awesome in my view.

I was talking about the Luke v Kylo part.  I first noticed a certain visual cue about Luke that things were different.  Then after "some efforts were made" that Luke performed the Chuck Norris move (brushing dust).  Then little by little I kept asking questions.  Then I realized I was doing exactly what I was doing in Sixth sense.  That made me think something about Luke.  But that turned out to be wrong.  Then to find out what REALLY was going on was, well... unexpected.

Frozen Leia?  Meh... that didn't really phase me.  I thought it was a cheap shot by the writers -- pretty much ex machina.

Edited by Guest

Just saw "Capt America: Winter Soldier" again.  I still think it was the best in the MCU.  Probably the best lines ever uttered in any movie:

FURY: Is there anything NOT broken?

Computer: Air conditioning is fully operational.

4 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Is this movie, Mormon friendly? E.g. no F words?

PG rating. 

Some intense moments (such as when a street thug starts a fire) and a few moments may be confusing or alarming for younger children (Barnum's first exhibits are wax sculptures and taxidermied animals), but it's actually not that bad.