What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

"Lion" 

A boy in India is lost +1200km from home, adopted by a couple in Australia, and spends a couple of years in his adult life trying to find his childhood home and biological mother and family. Cuz, he's still lost. Based on a true story. Big name actors (Dev Patel, Rooney Mara, Nichole Kidman, David Wenham), small budget film. Good story about love and family. I liked it. 

2 hours ago, Blueskye2 said:

"Lion" 

A boy in India is lost +1200km from home, adopted by a couple in Australia, and spends a couple of years in his adult life trying to find his childhood home and biological mother and family. Cuz, he's still lost. Based on a true story. Big name actors (Dev Patel, Rooney Mara, Nichole Kidman, David Wenham), small budget film. Good story about love and family. I liked it. 

I just read his book yesterday and was thinking I should probably watch the movie. I didn't realize it was already out; the cover of the copy I have (from the library) says "Soon to be the major motion picture Lion" and the New Arrival sticker still being on the book made me think it's newer than it actually is.

The book is called A Long Way Home, by Saroo Brierley, in case anybody's interested.

11 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

I just read his book yesterday and was thinking I should probably watch the movie. I didn't realize it was already out; the cover of the copy I have (from the library) says "Soon to be the major motion picture Lion" and the New Arrival sticker still being on the book made me think it's newer than it actually is.

The book is called A Long Way Home, by Saroo Brierley, in case anybody's interested.

Nice! I was thinking that I want to read the book!

There is another book, about a boy from India who was kidnapped, sold to a Christian orphanage, adopted by a LDS family and raised in Utah. "The Ophan Keeper". http://www.ldsliving.com/How-a-Boy-Kidnapped-in-India-and-Raised-LDS-in-America-Miraculously-Found-His-Way-Home-After-Nearly-20-Years/s/83992

I watched Wonder Woman with my daughter.  Interesting experience: The #1 thing about the movie she loved was in the final fight scene and when Wonder Woman landed from a long, long, long jump, her thighs wiggled. And yes, she wouldn't stop talking about the realistic portrayal of a real woman's body.

Last night I saw Baby Driver. I really liked it. The main character, named Baby, is the get-away driver for criminals that steal stuff. He has a system of driving based on the music he is listening to (which also means the music in the movie is great). Baby is a wonderful, very likeable character. He is interested in a girl who is a waitress played by Lily James (from Downton Abbey). There are of course a bunch of bad guys who cause a lot of violence. Paul Williams is in this movie. Paul Williams was such a staple in the 70s, he was practically in everything. I guess he is still involved in the entertainment world but in a variety of talents, not just acting - he's in his 70s. The writer and director is Edgar Wright (which is why my son wanted to see this movie). He is buddies with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, from Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. If you don't mind a little to a lot of violence, I recommend this movie.

M.

Edited by Maureen

Dark Tower.

Idris Alba is fast becoming one of my all time favorites and this movie just upped him a notch.  If you're a Stephen King fan, you'll have fun trying to catch all the Stephen King easter eggs in this movie.  I only caught one - Pennywise.

Edited by anatess2

11 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Dark Tower.

Idris Alba is fast becoming one of my all time favorites and this movie just upped him a notch.  If you're a Stephen King fan, you'll have fun trying to catch all the Stephen King easter eggs in this movie.  I only caught one - Pennywise.

It's decent enough in its own right, but not something most people would write home about. 

Power Rangers because I promised my almost 6-year old that we'd watch it. It's no Avengers or Fantastic Four or any other superhero team movie - and sadly - that is exactly what this movie will be compared to. While it's not going to win any awards, I think anyone who appreciates the Power Ranger franchise will enjoy this, as it pays subtle tribute to the original TV series. The cast is mostly newbies, at least, I wasn't familiar with any of them but they did a decent acting job. I didn't cringe at corny dialogue or anything of that nature. The plot is typical of Power Rangers and the CGI was pretty good, in fact, no real complaints on that at all. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to this, hopefully, the second will be able to take-off since I felt that this first instalment had the burden of explaining a lot of PR history up to present day - so the story wasn't terribly complex or in-depth. But totally a family-friendly movie. No language, no innuendos that I noticed... Worth renting with the kids.

3 hours ago, pam said:

I watched one of my favorite movies last night.  AGAIN!  LadyHawke

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!

Although, I do not like Ferris Bueller in any other movie except Ferris Bueller, he didn't detract from the awesomeness of this movie.  My boys watched this with me a few years ago and they liked it too!

Life.

Saw this in the theater.  Went to watch it again with the kids on TV.  They reacted just like I did - it was good but you want to just throw a vase at the TV.  I mean... they were super big on firewalls - yet, they have a vent you have to close one at a time to seal the lab?  Uhm... no.

50 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!

Although, I do not like Ferris Bueller in any other movie except Ferris Bueller, he didn't detract from the awesomeness of this movie.  My boys watched this with me a few years ago and they liked it too!

LadyHawke is the only movie I actually have liked Matthew Broderick in.

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, pam said:

LadyHawke is the only movie I actually have liked Matthew Broderick in.

He was horrible as Harold Hill in the Disney remake of The Music Man.