What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Cop Land.

It's an older flick that I've never seen before.  Lots of big names on this one - Sylvester Stallone being the main character, then there's Robert DeNiro, Harvey Kietel, Ray Liotta, and that liquid metal guy from Terminator 2 and many more big names in mobster movies.  The movie is set in New York/New Jersey and there's mob involvement although the story is not about the mob.  It was kinda weird seeing Stallone portrayed like a village idiot for most of the movie but he did very well.  I thought it was great even as it was lots of talk and not much action which I didn't expect from a Stallone, DeNiro movie especially titled Cop Land.  I thought it would be more like a shoot-out movie.  I liked it though.

Edited by anatess2

Finally got around to watching 12 Years A Slave and wow. I thought it was beautifully and tastefully executed. For starters, I was expecting it to be unbearable to watch, and some parts were difficult, but overall it was put together in a way that educated the audience instead of using shock factor. The characters felt genuine and the story, despite heartbreaking, reminds us that a broken man can piece himself together, no matter the trials endured. The language never exceeded a PG13 rating, that I recall. However, there is some nudity necessary to the plot but you are so engaged in the dialogue and what is going on, you're not focusing on that aspect, rather you are understanding how these families (men, women, and children) were stripped of their clothing, shackled like animals, and examined by potential buyers to live a life as plantation slaves. Personally, the most upsetting part in the whole movie for me was seeing children ripped from the arms of their mothers, and all being sold to different slavers. There is one rape scene that is subtle and shows nothing but is unpleasant, fortunately, it is short lived.

The Decoy Bride

It came up on my "Because you watched (some Christmas movie)" list on Netflix this spring. A couple minutes in, I thought, "This is dumb. I'll give it a couple more minutes and turn it off." But I put off turning it off a couple times, got invested in the story, and have now watched it four times.

15 hours ago, Anddenex said:

Valerian, 3/5 stars. I think they could have made it into a great movie, but it was very slow at times, and the whole "relationship" was weird right from the start.

I agree with the relationship!  And that "if you love me..." thing towards the end of that movie was just... puke.  I can't believe he fell for that crap.  If that was my boyfriend falling for it, I'd have divorced him before we get married.

I saw the Big Sick. It was my sister's choice. Would have been an amazing movie except for all the F words. Every noun, adjective , verb and exclamation. I was picturing the script writing meeting, Oh no! This sentence doesn't have a swear word! Stick one in!

I really need a filtering system. I tried to get some help from vidangel with Netflix but they firmly told me that do not work with Canada. Hmmm. I may just have to give up on a lot of popular culture.