What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

On 8/9/2017 at 9:16 PM, pam said:

I watched Hidalgo this morning while working.  Another movie I never get tired of.

I'm seeing your love for horses theme. Have you watched The Man From Snowy River? It might be right up your alley - a love story, Australian cowboys, lots of horses :)

Enjoy this little piece of epic cinematic horsemanship.Apparently, the actor performed all of his own stunts including riding down the side of the mountain and had never been on a horse before getting cast for the movie.

5 hours ago, SpiritDragon said:

I'm seeing your love for horses theme. Have you watched The Man From Snowy River? It might be right up your alley - a love story, Australian cowboys, lots of horses :)

Enjoy this little piece of epic cinematic horsemanship.Apparently, the actor performed all of his own stunts including riding down the side of the mountain and had never been on a horse before getting cast for the movie.

No I haven't seen this movie.  I'm not sure why since it's been around for years.  I think I need to watch it.

@pam I have a John Wayne collection myself, but strangely only remember bits and pieces of McClintock and The Searchers, I suppose I need to break them out and watch them sometime. I must say I don't think McClintock's scenes dealing with spanking wives with a fire poker would go over these days.

Edited by SpiritDragon

4 hours ago, SpiritDragon said:

@pam I have a John Wayne collection myself, but strangely only remember bits and pieces of McClintock and The Searchers, I suppose I need to break them out and watch them sometime. I must say I don't think McClintock's scenes dealing with spanking wives with a fire poker would go over these days.

I haven't seen those.  One thing I love about one of the stations I have access to with my antenna (I don't have cable or satellite) is an oldies station and every day for 4 hours they show old westerns.  And a huge part of the day on Saturday.

Grandmaster Ip Man. (rated R)

For the quadzillionth time. We were supposed to watch the new Bruce Lee movie out in the theaters but, I am very sad to announce that my teen-age boys don't want to watch movies with mom and dad anymore.  It is a sad sad day indeed.  We felt we're gonna be miserable watching Bruce Lee and every 5 minutes think, oh, the kids would have loved that!  So we stayed home.  And had a date-night watching Ip Man at home without the kiddos.

On the upside, our wallets are dancing with joy on the amount of savings we expect from this new trend.

Edited by anatess2

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

...but, I am very sad to announce that my teen-age boys don't want to watch movies with mom and dad anymore.  It is a sad sad day indeed...

That is sad. Maybe it's just a phase and after a couple movies they'll realize how much they miss your company.

M.

5 minutes ago, Maureen said:

That is sad. Maybe it's just a phase and after a couple movies they'll realize how much they miss your company.

M.

We'll see.  If Thor 3 comes and they're still not interested I'm going to cry.  If Star Wars VIII comes and they're not interested it's going to be Red Alert!

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Have you seen the new Bruce Lee movie?  I didn't see your review of it.  Maybe I missed it.  Was it any good?

The overall story itself is bad self-insert fan-fiction. 

The rest of the film is classic 70s-era martial arts goodness. 

So really, it comes down to what you want to focus on. 

"Live at Pompeii"

David Gilmour live in concert. It was, as a Rolling Stone review called it, stunning. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/david-gilmour-talks-stunning-new-pompeii-concert-film-w502048

Also just happened to be screening in the very same theater where I saw "Pink Floyd The Wall" in 1982!

Serendipity. 

Edited by Blueskye2

On 9/12/2017 at 5:41 PM, Ironhold said:

The overall story itself is bad self-insert fan-fiction. 

The rest of the film is classic 70s-era martial arts goodness. 

So really, it comes down to what you want to focus on. 

IT WAS SUPER DUPER AWESOME!!!  I wanna watch it AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!

I can't get enough of that fight!  The orange Shaolin outfit, Bruce Lee's winchun, kung fu floats...  Aaaaahhh!  Ip Man is still better but MANOMANOMAN! 

Okay, did I say I love that movie?  I love that movie.

Guest MormonGator
7 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I stopped caring about reviews years ago.  I have unique tastes.

Nothing is funnier to me than watching a good critic review a bad movie. The bad review books Roger Ebert wrote are hilariously funny.