What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Okay? I thought it was AWESOME!

I went into it with high expectations and it fell short.

Just two things that stood out:

1.) The movie kinda made it look like Kennedy got shot because he passed legislation to require all business establishments to serve both colors.

2.) The movie made it look like Reagan was pro-apartheid. If you're going to tackle Reagan and the anti-apartheid legislation you can't fail to mention communism.

Loved the LBJ bathroom scene, though! And of course, Liev as LBJ is just genius and Professor Snape sounding like Reagan is just a hoot! He talks too slow for a Reagan but he was excellent! And, uhm, Jane Fonda was surprisingly good as Nancy Reagan. Oprah is great, Whitaker is Oscar worthy...

Fairy Tale.

Decent movie based on the true story of the Cottingley Fairies in England. I'd probably recommend it as a family night movie as it's completely innocent. Anyway, this is the film that got me reading up on unexplained events around the world.

Fairy Tale.

Decent movie based on the true story of the Cottingley Fairies in England. I'd probably recommend it as a family night movie as it's completely innocent. Anyway, this is the film that got me reading up on unexplained events around the world.

well if you are getting into that sort of stuff, I've found the older tv series "Unsolved Mysteries" to be about the best series I've seen that deals with that sort of thing.

well if you are getting into that sort of stuff, I've found the older tv series "Unsolved Mysteries" to be about the best series I've seen that deals with that sort of thing.

I have been watching it! Seen a lot of them in the past but just rewatching it now :)

Instructions Not Included

I bet most of you haven't ever heard of it - if not - watch it! I sat down for it knowing nothing about it and not even realising that it is a foreign film in Spanish. Yes, the entire movie is in Spanish but regardless if you understand Spanish or not (there are English captions available) it is a beautifully made movie. The beginning feels a bit, odd, but as the film progresses (this is when the little girl ages from infant to a child) you are completely into the story. So many laughs, you'll believe it's a comedy, and then the heart warming stuff kicks in. I didn't know any of these actors but they all did a great job. The lead man and the child did an outstanding job. (You will appreciate the lead man after the first 15 minutes and for sure by the end of the movie - you'll share his pain and happiness.) HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Kickbutt* 2

You need to see the first KB for this one to make better sense. I laughed a lot, and enjoyed the fight scenes. There's a bit of gore but it's all in a comical setting - the whole thing is pretty spoofy - kind of reminds me of the Spiderman with whatshisface... Toby McGuire. Recommend for brain-less entertainment and some laughs.

Jack Ryan.

Keira Knightly almost ruined this movie. Almost. But Chris Pine is currently my favorite actor so not even the bad American accent can ruin this for me. Good formulaic movie. No surprises really. I loved seeing Professor Lockhart in a serious antagonist role. Kevin Costner is as lackluster as ever. This movie did not rise to the level of the Mission Impossible franchise and is leagues away from James Bond. But it's passable enough.

Frankenstein.

Hmmm... the Frankenstein enthusiasts are probably gonna hate this movie. I enjoyed it enough. Lots of visual eye candy on this one and... that's pretty much it. Yvonne Strahovski almost ruined the movie completely... all by herself. Not only did she suck, she wore ugly shoes. If there's anything unforgivable in a movie, it's the pretty lady wearing ugly shoes. But Bill Nighy and Miranda Otto made up for it... almost. Jai was passable just like he was in Die Hard. But Aaron Eckhart's acrobatics was very fun to watch that he made me forget the ugly shoes. The Frankenstein die-hards are probably gonna hate the demon versus gargoyles angle too - the gargoyles are supposed to be the Godly ones but they're more ugly than the demons and just as mean. And the die-hards, I'm fairly sure, are going to not like Dr. Frankenstein's monster taking on the name Frankenstein... although they did give him the name Adam at first.

Ivan The Incredible.

Was incredibly terrible. I totally was not feeling it at all. Obviously I'm very spoiled when it comes to eye-candy - I thought the CGI was very poor - but what was worse was actually the story line it self. Voice acting wasn't too bad, in fact, I think there were a couple mainstream actors in it but I just wasn't impressed.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Addams Family.

Had both of these playing in the background this afternoon, not at the same time, mind you. :P I am amazed at the special effects they were able to pull off for Who Framed Roger Rabbit which was made back in 1988. Pretty impressive work. And The Addams Family, not the original but the '91 version, is so cute. I remember growing up on both of these.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic