What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Wolverine. What a waste of such a great character.

2 Guns. Very entertaining.

Is that the 2009 film they ruined? Wolverine is to complex, to throw into a 2 hour movie.

He demands his own trilogy.

Word is on the street, that Bobba Fett is getting his own movie. My life will be complete after that.

No, you are thinking of Origins, which I liked. This was just recently released to DVD. Mediocre movie.

I've heard that same rumor about Boba Fett.

I just watched Below. Pretty good.

On what was supposed to be a routine rescue mission during World War II, the submarine USS Tiger Shark picks up three survivors of a U-boat attack. But the crew begins to notice—while trapped together in the sub's narrow corridors and constricted spaces—that the visitors seem to spark a series of chilling, otherworldly occurrences.

If Bobba Fett gets his own movie, like it is speculated it might only appeal to the hard core audiences. But considering the size of the hard core star wars audience its still super large.

Just as long as they do not destroy the character's Mandalorian roots, since mandalorins are Jedi Killers and just bad ( you know what) all the way around.

I love watching the fan films on YouTube, some of the European ones look like they have a substantial budget behind them. Check out " Way of the Shadow" has CGI and everything.

Cheers!

The Colony.

As an endless winter engulfs Earth, humans struggle to survive in remote underground outposts. When Colony 7 receives a distress call from a nearby settlement, Sam and Briggs race through the snow on a dangerous rescue mission. What they find at the desolate base could mean mankind’s salvation—or its total annihilation. Terrifying discoveries will unfold that will change the rules of survival forever.

Pretty good. There are some scenes of serious violence, so if that bothers you, skip this movie.

I tried yet again to watch Dog Soldiers. I made it about 45 minutes and quit.

The Tunnel. It was okay. The handheld camera genre is getting over worked.

In 2008, investigative journalist Natasha Warner led a TV crew of four underground chasing a government coverup.They went down into the tunnels looking for a story - until the story found them.

The Lone Ranger

Wasn't terrible, like reviews would lead you to believe, but mediocre. I think people had high expectations because the cast had a lot of great actors. Unfortunately, it came off a bit spoofy, maybe more than was intended. The good part about it is the rawness of the cinematography - everything was shot on location and scenes are beautiful. The story was actually good despite executed poorly. I would say decent enough watch for a rental or on Netflix.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2:

Cute but despite great ratings and reviews ended up a poor imitation of the first one. It was colorful and gorgeous but the humor was not even close to the original.

MITT (A Netflix Original):

A great insight into Mitt Romney. I have to admit I was pretty choked up thru the whole thing considering the current state of our great "Union".

I was raised with a generous dose of class envy and distrust of those who are wealthy, but there are those who are born to privilege and are grateful with their success, who choose to give back and that sums up the Romney's.

In the end I'm grateful that a large portion of our country would consider a man like him for President.

The Lone Ranger

Wasn't terrible, like reviews would lead you to believe, but mediocre. I think people had high expectations because the cast had a lot of great actors. Unfortunately, it came off a bit spoofy, maybe more than was intended. The good part about it is the rawness of the cinematography - everything was shot on location and scenes are beautiful. The story was actually good despite executed poorly. I would say decent enough watch for a rental or on Netflix.

We felt the same way when we watched it

Rush

It was good but I didn't appreciate it as much as my husband did. I suppose that may be due to a couple things, I don't know jack about cars, and even less about Formula 1 racing... Anyway, the acting was well done. I was worried about Chris Hemsworth being Thor but he did a decent job, pretty good actually. The other actors I wasn't familiar with but they all did very well too. The movie is based on a true story, and takes a bit before you really get into the plot. It's a bit gritty here and there, some graphic sex scenes and nudity (but I suppose that depends on your lenience for that stuff). If you like cars and are remotely interested in racing, it might be one worth watching. Not for the family though, there's some pretty rough language throughout as well.

Rush

It was good but I didn't appreciate it as much as my husband did. I suppose that may be due to a couple things, I don't know jack about cars, and even less about Formula 1 racing... Anyway, the acting was well done. I was worried about Chris Hemsworth being Thor but he did a decent job, pretty good actually. The other actors I wasn't familiar with but they all did very well too. The movie is based on a true story, and takes a bit before you really get into the plot. It's a bit gritty here and there, some graphic sex scenes and nudity (but I suppose that depends on your lenience for that stuff). If you like cars and are remotely interested in racing, it might be one worth watching. Not for the family though, there's some pretty rough language throughout as well.

Disappointed in you. I thought you watched one of the multitude of Rush concert DVD's out there.

If you have little girls (or boys I suppose) you might consider adding this to your watch list: Tinkerbell movie series.

Each movie is about an hour and thirty minutes, which may seem long for toddlers, but for my daughter they just fly by. The plots all have "morals" to them, and you're always left with a feel-good feeling'- even if your kiddo doesn't fully understand the story - the visuals are whimsical and the soundtracks are engaging. Definitely start with the first and watch the next in sequence, as Tinkerbell's journey all adds up to the point of when she meets Peter Pan and Hook for the first time, which will be in upcoming films in the next year or so. Highly recommend!

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic