What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

5 minutes ago, pam said:

Currently watching The Sound of Music.  A lot of these movies are the movies I watch when I'm sewing.  Gotta keep the motivation going in my sewing business. :)

The theme song sounds so creepy and threatening.

The Girl With All the Gifts

Really great! Very excellent take on the zombie genre. Kind of 28 Days Later with a slightly more upbeat tone and very likable characters and wonderful acting. Definitely recommend if you like zombies and are looking for something more than just the typical story.

7 hours ago, a mustard seed said:

Really great! Very excellent take on the zombie genre. Kind of 28 Days Later with a slightly more upbeat tone and very likable characters and wonderful acting. Definitely recommend if you like zombies and are looking for something more than just the typical story.

I read the book! Great plot twists!

16 hours ago, Vort said:

Ah. I didn't realize it was a weed-out question. I thought it was a sincere question.

I enjoyed figuring it out as the movie went along. The cleverness and fun of the dawning realization more than made up for some of the clunky and irritating aspects of the film. I gave the movie an enthusiastic thumbs-up, despite its deficiencies. It was no Sixth Sense, but it was an intriguing movie in its own right. Not for everyone, I realize, and that's fine, but it worked very well for me.

Just validated that those that figured out the circles - enjoyed the movie.  Those that did not at least catch that; were lost and thought the movie a waist of time.  So yes - the question was a filter.  Not that it was a test - but you are always passing the tests (even your own).  :cool:     Somday we will have to have an extended discussion. 

The Traveler

19 hours ago, pam said:

I think you are the first person I've seen that said they liked that movie. :)

I LOVE that movie!

It resonates with me when it comes to language affecting the way we think insomuch as it changes our culture.  I have direct experience with this.

12 hours ago, a mustard seed said:

Whoa.  A zombie movie I've never heard of!  My husband is crazy big on Vampire, Werewolves, Zombies, et. al. movies.  He's so crazy big on it that he watched all the Twilight Movies even unashamedly going on a 3-hour line waiting for the very first showing of the 2nd installment which was at 12:05am because he's super excited to see the Vampire versus the Werewolf.  I'll have to tell him about this one...

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

Just validated that those that figured out the circles - enjoyed the movie.  Those that did not at least catch that; were lost and thought the movie a waist of time.  So yes - the question was a filter.  Not that it was a test - but you are always passing the tests (even your own).  :cool:     Somday we will have to have an extended discussion. 

The Traveler

There's already an extended discussion somewhere here on mormonhub because @Vort started an Arrival thread.

The next movie I'll see at the theater is The Shack.  I'll be seeing it on Tuesday.  ($5 movie day).  I've read the book so I'm excited to see the movie.  Especially the role that Octavia Spencer plays.  It should be interesting.  

The Great Wall

Matt Damon is up there with Nicholas Cage as my least liked actors.  So, I was surprised that I liked this movie very much including Matt Damon.

Logan

This would have been a much better movie if it wasn't R-rated.  There was just no need for it to be that.  I loved the storyline.  I loved the girl-verine.  I did not like the super mutant.  I did not like that the other kid mutants were practically useless which doesn't make sense since they were supposed to have been raised as super mutants like the girl-verine, who was a super awesome kid mutant.

Edited by anatess2

Saw Dr. Strange on a flight – Possible SPOILER ALERT!!!

I very much loved the idea of not defeating the arch villain.  The story line follows a brilliant artificial intelligence strategy of competing for a “stalemate” rather than victory.  I personally, see some divine thinking in such strategy where the hero does not destroy his enemies but defeats them with the attitude that they (the enemy) will best survive with a leave alone and let live attitude.  I find this a refreshing alternative story line to killing all the evil dudes / superhero story lines.

The Traveler

Just now, Suzie said:

No animal products.

"'What do you mean (s)he don't eat no meat?'  (room goes silent) 'Oh that's ok, That's ok, I make lamb.'"  - My Big Fat Greek Wedding 

Edited by DoctorLemon

5 hours ago, DoctorLemon said:

"'What do you mean (s)he don't eat no meat?'  (room goes silent) 'Oh that's ok, That's ok, I make lamb.'"  - My Big Fat Greek Wedding 

lol

Anecdote (recent real life story):

A friend (let's name her Stacy and me):

Stacy: Hey Suzie, you know what? I went vegetarian for the past 3 weeks! It has been great!

Me (all excited): That's amazing!!! How do you feel?? Do you miss meat at all???

Stacy: That's the greatest thing about it!! I feel amazing and I do not miss it at all!!!  Why didn't we talk about this before??!

Me (shocked): lol Wow, I'm impressed!!!

Stacy: It's soooo easy!!!, last night I reached home late all I did was to take some salmon cook it quickly with some veggies and voila, it was great!!!

Me: *silence* Ohhh you eat fish? I thought you said you are vegetarian?

Stacy: Yeah, but it's fish.

I know, I know about pescetarians but I don't get it.

This was me:

fish.jpg

The Giver

I read the book years and years ago but do not remember much about it. This was really good though. I enjoyed it very much, from the depictions of the society and how it was run to the social commentary it was making. So often it feels like human emotions are demonized in our culture, so it is nice to see depictions where the good and the bad are necessary and that if we didn't have them, we'd recognize when they were missing. I also liked this better than other "emotionless" dystopic societies I've seen depicted(Equilibrium, Equals) because it felt a bit more real to me the way the people acted and how it was thwarted.