What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

August Rush.

One of my most favorite movies of all time.

Yes, they meet, barely know each other, and have sex. I don't know why that's normal these days. And of course she gets pregnant. But eh, I still like the movie.

Anatess, we love August Rush. So much that we bought the DVD.

However, we should have stayed home yesterday and watched it instead of going to the theater. :(

We saw Winter's Tale. We watched all the trailers. Saw the list of actors...impressive. Read the synopsis. Thought: Ok we can see this.

Saw it.

Walked out of the theater feeling empty and depressed. And from the reactions of other viewers in the theater I don't think they felt much better about it than we did.

We talked about it on the way out to the car and on the way home. Finally it dawned on me "they left God out". When I said that my husband's eyes lit up and he said "Yes! that's it."

Sigh... its getting to the point where I don't want to go see movies anymore. We should have gone to see the movie Vort saw. :)

August Rush.

One of my most favorite movies of all time.

Yes, they meet, barely know each other, and have sex. I don't know why that's normal these days. And of course she gets pregnant. But eh, I still like the movie.

I haven't seen this, though, so many friends and family have and adored it. I'll see if it's on my Roku..

Em, most recent movie was some kids movie that I don't even know what the name was but it was stop-motion and pretty cute. I'll have to look it up and repost what it was.

Anatess, we love August Rush. So much that we bought the DVD.

However, we should have stayed home yesterday and watched it instead of going to the theater. :(

We saw Winter's Tale. We watched all the trailers. Saw the list of actors...impressive. Read the synopsis. Thought: Ok we can see this.

Saw it.

Walked out of the theater feeling empty and depressed. And from the reactions of other viewers in the theater I don't think they felt much better about it than we did.

We talked about it on the way out to the car and on the way home. Finally it dawned on me "they left God out". When I said that my husband's eyes lit up and he said "Yes! that's it."

Sigh... its getting to the point where I don't want to go see movies anymore. We should have gone to see the movie Vort saw. :)

I can't think of any movie where they "put God in" that I've seen

last one I saw was a movie where people with super human strength fought eachother (with the odd magical power here and there)

Street Fighter 2 the Anime Movie

I can't show you my favourite scene, but lets just say a masked attacker attacks a woman who, after a long and truly epic fight, kicks him threw a brick wall down onto the street below (we never see the guy again so its assumed he is qute dead)

Saw the Robocop remake yesterday. Was different but followed the original in the good cop blown away by the bad guys and comes back to kick butt story way. Enjoyed it a lot!

I really want to see this. My husband said it got mediocre reviews but I still want to see it anyway.

Yo, Anatess! Yay or nay on this one???

We saw Robocop today. Meh. I love Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and Jennifer Ehle. But, we felt there were too many inaccuracies to fully enjoy it.

Just one example: One of the concerns was the psychological health of their Robocop choice. But, the moment Alex "woke" up, they scar him psychologically by dismantling him in front of him. That part could have been handled differently while still showing off the CGI and "reveal" without mucking up the storyline like they did.

We saw Robocop today. Meh. I love Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and Jennifer Ehle. But, we felt there were too many inaccuracies to fully enjoy it.

Just one example: One of the concerns was the psychological health of their Robocop choice. But, the moment Alex "woke" up, they scar him psychologically by dismantling him in front of him. That part could have been handled differently while still showing off the CGI and "reveal" without mucking up the storyline like they did.

That sounds disturbing.

Pirates of The Caribbean

I just love this movie. I maintain it's the best out of the collection of POTC movies. It just flowed so nicely and incorporated scenes from the ride at Disneyland, which is kind of fun if you've been there and ridden it. I hadn't seen it in so long, I was actually super excited to rewatch it, and I'm sure I'll be watching it again at some point. Definitely a good one to see.

Olympus has Fallen. I liked it! Some on IMDB said it was like 'Die Hard at the White House,' but who cares? The beginning was very shocking for me, being a DC native. I liked that the North Koreans were ruthless. If you know anything about their prison system, you aren't surprised by anything they do here, still, whoa.

Olympus has Fallen. I liked it! Some on IMDB said it was like 'Die Hard at the White House,' but who cares? The beginning was very shocking for me, being a DC native. I liked that the North Koreans were ruthless. If you know anything about their prison system, you aren't surprised by anything they do here, still, whoa.

I have a replica North Korean hat... made in China

I collect hats:lol:

if its like Die Hard (the original one) then I must see it because I loved Die Hard!

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic