What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Divergent. Again.

I don't know why I like the movie. But I liked it enough to want to see it again. If somebody wants to go see it, I wouldn't mind going for the 3rd time.

Frozen. More and more Frozen. The Honest Movie Trailer for Frozen. The "Do you wanna build a snowman" facebook group. Brilliant satire and parody works of Frozen. (Only possible to have brilliant satire and parody, when the thing you are parodying and being satirical of, is brilliant.)

Best grin yet - characterizing "Let it Go" as "The #YOLO Song", and changing the words to basically convey "to heck with all of you".

Don't know about seeing Noah. I finally got some real info on what people are complaining about. Glenn Beck was invited to see the film by the studio. See: ‘Babylonian Chainsaw Massacre’: Glenn reviews Noah after attending screening in LA – Glenn Beck

I can live with no mention of God. They aren't fooling anyone by saying "The Creator," but OK. What I can't live with are rock people. Yes. Read the review. WTH???

It's one thing to add some romance, add a fight or confrontation, add a few things to flesh out the story to 90 minutes. It's a whole 'nother country (pardon me, Texas) to add rock people.

Oh Russell, why did you do this to me? You know I love you.

Well, I get the senior discount. Maybe I should go during the matinee so that I only pay a few bucks for this mess.

Don't know about seeing Noah. I finally got some real info on what people are complaining about. Glenn Beck was invited to see the film by the studio. See: ‘Babylonian Chainsaw Massacre’: Glenn reviews Noah after attending screening in LA – Glenn Beck

I can live with no mention of God. They aren't fooling anyone by saying "The Creator," but OK. What I can't live with are rock people. Yes. Read the review. WTH???

It's one thing to add some romance, add a fight or confrontation, add a few things to flesh out the story to 90 minutes. It's a whole 'nother country (pardon me, Texas) to add rock people.

Oh Russell, why did you do this to me? You know I love you.

Well, I get the senior discount. Maybe I should go during the matinee so that I only pay a few bucks for this mess.

Russell had nothing to do with it.

The story is being billed as "Inspired by the events in the Bible". I have not heard a single promotion of the movie on radio that did not emphasize that.

Cool Runnings was inspired by the story of the Jamaican Bobsled Team. Besides them being a bobsled team from Jamaica that entered the winter Olympic games, there's nothing else in the movie that is in line with the true story.

Anyway, this review is a fair assessment - 5 positives and 5 negatives from a Christian group. It has spoilers but the way Christians are over reacting to a Hollywood movie, I think knowing the spoilers as opposed to being surprised by them - or automatically throwing out the movie for dreading them - is a better route.

Remember, this is a movie. How many World War II depictions, biographies, based on true story accounts, etc. have Hollywood come up with? How many can you point to as accurate? They tried to do the best job with Abraham Lincoln and 12 Years A Slave and the death of Bin Laden and even those have a bunch of critics up in arms for veering from the real story. Christians can't even agree on whether the flood was local or global - so Hollywood has a lot of artistic leeway on how they want to portray that story.

So yeah, I plan to watch it. Full price tickets with large popcorn and large drink. I want the movie to make a lot of money so they'd make more of Biblical stories instead of the latest sleaze fest.

Edited by anatess

I said I was fine with your typical additions to the story, such as a love story where no such story existed.

I'm not so fine with rock people.

I mentioned Russell because I like to look at him and I like him as an actor. I have no idea how much he had to do with the screenplay and wasn't blaming him for it.

Apparently the ark is shaped differently than what some people expect. I can handle that. I can handle a lot of things. Just don't say you are telling the story of Noah and add rock people. These are supposed to represent fallen angels who help build the ark. It's Glenn's depiction of what they look like, of how they made the audience laugh, etc., that turned me off. I'm not worried about whether they are Biblically correct or not.

I don't care if they gave 'Noah' a Christian, Buddhist, or atheist slant, I just don't like seeing stupid on screen.

Frozen. More and more Frozen. The Honest Movie Trailer for Frozen. The "Do you wanna build a snowman" facebook group. Brilliant satire and parody works of Frozen. (Only possible to have brilliant satire and parody, when the thing you are parodying and being satirical of, is brilliant.)

Best grin yet - characterizing "Let it Go" as "The #YOLO Song", and changing the words to basically convey "to heck with all of you".

... heres the parody I vote for...

Tristan & Isolde

Superman is in this one! He's super cute in here too and did a great job with his role. The movie is full of inconsistencies and inaccuracies but, it's such a great chick flick that the husband didn't mind sitting down for.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic