What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Not to mention the giant monsters and robots fighting each other.

Well, yeah.  That was awesome.  Except it would have been really cool if they had the moster versus robot scenes in broad daylight.  But, it was still super duper awesome.

Batman.  The old one with Kim Basinger and Jack Nicholson.

I used to love those old Batman movies.  After this latest reboot, I can't get myself to like it anymore.  Waaaaa.

The Other Woman

I surprised myself by liking this movie... It was just too hilarious.  Well, there were several drawn out moments - like, okay, okay, you're a loony tune, move on...

Brick Mansion

I so loved the super go-go-go guy in the movie!  He's running, jumping through windows, over walls, through cars, from the top of one building through the window of the next building over... he was super crazy amazing!  It was all worth sitting through the lame storyline complete with BS political message the movie was trying to give.

The Firm... yup, very old movie, but I really liked it the first time I saw it and I ran across it on Amazon and it was free to watch. Still really liked it.

I really liked this too.  And Pelican Brief and The Client and A Time to Kill.  They are all great movies!

Age Of Heroes.  Sean Bean plays the lead in this fact based story on the beginnings of Ian Fleming's 30 Commando.  Good story, average filming.

All you had to say was Sean Bean....  :-)

Love. That. Guy.

I can't wait for Spiderman on Friday!

The Amazing Spiderman 2.

It is simply Amazing.

Okay, so it's not all breathtakingly awesome from beginning to end.  My 10-year old (yes, we watched a 9PM showing of a 2.5 hour movie on a school night... we're crazy like that) groaned a few times - arrghh, too much love story, go back to the funny scenes!  And my 12-year old was saying, okay, make up your mind - there are too many villains here.

But, I was just content to go from crying scenes to laughing scenes to whiz-bang scenes which is pretty scattered to be cohesive and just ride it out.

All the actors were just amazing - the most surprising of all is Paul Giamatti as a crazy Russian escaped criminal dominating the screen for about 1 minute of the 140-minute movie.

Like all Marvel movies of recent years, it has a bonus scene before the rolls but it is X-men, not Spiderman... yeah, the fanboys were not happy about that... And no, there's no bonus-bonus scene in the end, so you can go after Mystique walks away...

I decided to test out the amazon movie service and watched The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Confession - I saw this in the theater, and maybe it was the darkness, but I fell asleep a couple of times. I had no idea what I had missed until I started looking at some fan vids on YouTube and saw whole swatches of the movie for the first time. I loved it! I thought Martin Freeman was excellent - you could feel his fear when he was talking to Smaug.  The Kili / Tauriel romancelet charming (and sad, if you know what's coming in the next movie). 5 stars.

I also watched 'Parkland' about what went on at Parkland hospital when Kennedy was brought in, Abraham Zapruder, and a bit about the Oswald family, especially his brother. Excellent film, even if you hate the Kennedys with all of your being, as I do. : )

Legend of Boggy Creek

interesting trivia note, there's an anti Mormon cartoon floating all over youtube (made in the 1980s) that takes a music piece from that movie... can't imagine why.

Not sure what part of Big Foot makes you think of Mormons but my mind now makes that connection...

Anaamika.

It's a Bollywood movie. There are lots of people from India in my town so the local theater show Bollywood movies. This was a great whodunit movie. We didn't figure it out until the very end when the credits started to roll and they showed the things we missed... The frustrating thing is there were no more subtitles after the credits rolled so we couldn't understand the dialogue! So we're still fussy on how it all came together! Soooo frustrating!

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic