What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Everyone has been saying that, is this one to wait for Netflix?

Just don't expect The Wrath of Khan, I think if you're expecting Nemesis you'll do fine. Personally I felt it was better than the first reboot film. As Anatess points out it's rather flashy and action packed, the more cerebral component that one might expect from Star Trek doesn't seem to be there and it suffers from some plot holes/fridge logic (depend on when exactly you start thinking about things). Basically it's Star Trek turned into an action series akin to 2 Fast 2 Furious in space. Personally I still find it enjoyable but it requires going into it as an 'order popcorn, disengage brain' movie.

Don't forget great dialogue (same reason I loved O Brother Where Art Thou).

Like this -

Kirk: The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Spock: The man who said that was later betrayed and killed by his ally.

Kirk: Well, its still a hell of a quote.

Or this -

Bones: Are you feeling homicidal, power-mad, or despotic?

Kirk: No more than usual.

Or this -

Spock: Captain, this ship will not fit.

Kirk: IT WILL FIT, WILL FIT, WILL FIT!

[the ship scrapes through with some damage]

Kirk: See, I told you it will fit!

Spock: I am not sure that qualifies.

:)

You all watch way more movies than i do, but i finally got around to watching Lincoln. So that was an interesting movie.

If anyone sees Epic, let me know how it is.

You all watch way more movies than i do, but i finally got around to watching Lincoln. So that was an interesting movie.

If anyone sees Epic, let me know how it is.

It was not really epic... but it was worth the $15 3D ticket price.

Fast and Furious 6... That movie would have been 100x better if they just don't bother with a script. Just go from one car chase to the next, one explosion to the next and don't insult our intelligence with trying to make a coherent story out of it. But yea, thoroughly enjoyed the cars and the explosions. Lol.

Fast and Furious 6... That movie would have been 100x better if they just don't bother with a script. Just go from one car chase to the next, one explosion to the next and don't insult our intelligence with trying to make a coherent story out of it. But yea, thoroughly enjoyed the cars and the explosions. Lol.

reminds me of transformers.

I suspect by the time they get around to making Fast and Furious 10 they'll be doing exactly that.

Last week I watched 10 Things I Hate About You, Chicago, and Ever After all in 2 days while on jury duty. But I guess the real most recent is from girls night on Saturday, and that was Anne of Green Gables, though I didn't get to stay to finish it.

'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' scoff if you must, but it wasn't too bad. I mean once you're OK with the idea of Lincoln and vampires, you're already standing at the precipice, you might as well just jump in. I want to swing an axe like Lincoln!

'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' scoff if you must, but it wasn't too bad. I mean once you're OK with the idea of Lincoln and vampires, you're already standing at the precipice, you might as well just jump in. I want to swing an axe like Lincoln!

I read the book and enjoyed the first half. Then it just got boring. It's like the author churned out the second half just to finish the book. I enjoyed the early parts where his interactions with vampires drove his character and personality. Lincoln's distance from his father was caused by his mother's murder - something that could have been prevented had he not struck a deal with the undead. His foray into politics was driven by a larger organization's concern with vampiricism run amok. But once he's elected and no longer fighting them directly, the tie-ins just drop off. He'll mention it in a meeting, and people think he's crazy. Surely some of Mary Todd Lincoln's moods, headaches and outbursts can be explained with a run-in. And Grant's drinking as well. He's dealt with them before and alcohol is his coping drug. He gets the job done because he knows what he's actually out there facing. I enjoyed the premise, but the author needed to play it to the hilt to really deliver.

Edited by mordorbund

I was testing out the Netflix on my smart TV and thought I'd watch the 70's version of the Great Gatsby with Robert Redford. Meh. I was interrupted about 1/3 of the way through, but not sure if I'll go back. Maybe I'll put it on in the background as I clean or read. This is supposed to be a big time movie from my youth, and is certainly an American classic, but again, I say 'meh.' I thought it was poorly acted and boring.

Last movie we watched at the cinema was "Star Trek Into Darkness" and it was pretty good. I think I cried a tear when Jim and Spock were having their bromance moment. On RedBox it was "The Last Stand" which wasn't too bad. We actually got a few laughs out of it.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic