What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

D.A.R.Y.L.

Last time I saw this was when I was a kid. Still love it today! Gives me lots of reminiscent moments like... Pole Position!

Funny thing - in the credits is Plump Woman played by Ginnt Light. Lol.

Well... no... because the ET kid was like... super not selfish.  :D

Are you and Windseeker talking about the same movie?  I thought he was referring to Legends of the Fall.

Ah..that's where I've seen him before. 

But, no he was actually very selfish, leaving his fiance to go fight a war for his own Glory and live up to his Father's Legend (I'll bring back the Kaisers Helmet). Wanting so badly to be a hero is what got him killed in the first place.

The jist of this movie was that dying a good death, a warrior's death, rather than living a good life, a life pleasing to God, is the chief end of man.

I watched this movie because I have seen parts of it in the past and was wanting to see good cinematography. But all the cinematography is pointless when it makes 'Falling Down' seem like a good pick me up movie.

But, no he was actually very selfish, leaving his fiance to go fight a war for his own Glory and live up to his Father's Legend (I'll bring back the Kaisers Helmet). Wanting so badly to be a hero is what got him killed in the first place.

That's not how I remembered the movie nor the novella.  Sam left to fight a war as he felt duty bound to defend his country - indirectly through the Canadian/British army - in WWI.  His father cursed him for it because his father has no love for the country that he saw mistreated the Native Americans.  They had this dialogue even where Sam accused his father of being a traitor to his country.  Sam did not intend to die there, of course.  He planned to go back and marry Susannah.  Sam was portrayed in the movie in the same way as the novella of being naïve and idealistic.  His brothers saw how naïve he was and that he doesn't quite understand the horror of war so they ended up going to war with him so they can keep an eye on him.

Sam was a retard, and his desire for Heroics triggered the destruction of his family causing one of his brother to be a cripple and the other a mental case. Actually both ended up mental cases. So his fiance was left without family to be an object of battle between two mental cases and a senile old man. *Spoiler Alert* She kills herself. 

Sam was a retard, and his desire for Heroics triggered the destruction of his family causing one of his brother to be a cripple and the other a mental case. Actually both ended up mental cases. So his fiance was left without family to be an object of battle between two mental cases and a senile old man. *Spoiler Alert* She kills herself.

Do you also think Chris Kyle is a retard?

Snow White and the Huntsman.

Well... actually only halfway through... I cannot bear to watch her awful wanna-be-epic-movie-speech and her pathetic fight scenes again so I changed the channel.

Snow White and the Huntsman.

Well... actually only halfway through... I cannot bear to watch her awful wanna-be-epic-movie-speech and her pathetic fight scenes again so I changed the channel.

Would you change the channel on Chris Kyle or anyone else engaged in a battle against evil?

I would hope not...

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic