What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Woman in Gold is awesome!

Saw Terminator Genisys.  It was well done but... like all time travelling movies, has too many holes in it.  And I did not like it at all that John Connor is the bad guy.  But yeah, young Ah-nold versus middle-aged Ah-nold was awesome... and then old Ah-nold was the icing on the cake.

Minions - worth it to just hear "Banana!", "Kumbaya!", "Sayonara!", "para tu?", and all kinds of minion speak especially King Bob's speech.  LOL.  But, Sandra Bullock sucked big time.  Almost ruined the movie.

Batman (1989)

First time watching this one. Hated it. I really think the only reason why some fans prefer Keaton's Batman and Nicholson's Joker to anyone else's version is because it was the first movie. I love Michael Keaton generally (particularly as Dogberry in Much Ado) but he's no kind of Batman or Bruce Wayne. And don't get me started on Jack Nicholson.. suffice it to say that Jim Carrey would have played the role the exact same way and Jim Carrey is the bane of my moviegoing existence. 

I really want to see ant man but... monies...

But I did watch the Rookie recently and Speed Racer (The Wachowskis one).  I don't know why but I really like that Speed Racer.  It's way better than it should be.  The Rookie is so hammy but it's a pretty good movie, plus it's nice to see Jay Hernandez not being attacked for once.

We had a movie weekend marathon.

Saw Antman - it went beyond my expectations (not a big fan of Antman in the comics).  I have this crazy idiot thing with all Evangeline Lily movies - I keep on getting distracted because every time she's on the scene, I keep on looking to see if it's a "chapstick" scene (there are times when her lips dry out).  I can't seem to stop myself.

And then watched - Hundred Foot Journey, Woman in Gold, Mall Cop 2, and The Judge at home.

Anybody tried the awesome AMC bucket reclining seats???  We had to drive 12 miles to go to the AMC with the seats because the AMC close to my sister's house only has 1 screen that has the seats and it only shows the opening week of the most popular show... it showed Antman last week so we didn't have to drive far for that one.  I can't watch another movie without the awesome theater seats anymore!

Sunset Boulevard. I haven't seen all of it since I was a teen or college kid. I understand it's a classic, but Gloria Swanson was just too over the top for me to take her seriously. I understand moving around that way on the silent screen, but in real life - well, she just seemed very artificial and not just your usual Hollywood artificial. Enjoyed the move as a whole, tho, and can see why William Holden became a star. Nice looking guy.

• 2 weeks later...

"Swallows and Amazons" with Ronald Frazer and Virginia McKenna ;)

(Got the DVD free with a newspaper a few years ago - but I loved all the S&A books when I was a kid!)

P.S. Actually no - I forgot that since then I also watched "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince". I'm only 2 movies behind now :) [i've read all the books once, but forgotten most of them!.I need to get them again!]

Edited by Jamie123

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic