What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

The Martian.

Very good movie from the everyday fantasy-movie-goer.  I'm waiting for Vort to see it and comment on the science of it.

We saw this movie this past weekend. We both liked it very much. My very science minded husband loved it and actually wants to own it.

Goosebumps.

They decided to go "meta" instead of adapting any of the original works (or producing a new story).

As a result, the film went back and forth between playing things straight and being a parody. It really couldn't find a niche.

Just saw "The Intern".  LOVED it.  I recommend it to all who can appreciate old fashioned values with a sprinkle of feminism.

Oh yeah!  I saw that a while back.  I love Robert DeNiro when he's not being an Italian Mafia or gangsta dude.  LOL!

I love it when a movie puts importance on a marriage.  :)

Edited by anatess

The Martian 3D, The problem we had with this was the 3D was The. Worst. Ever. I watched without the glasses, and never could read the words. Husband kept the glasses on and got a killer headache. 

I like the story, liked the actors, and laughed heartily at the size of the duct tape roll. 

There were 11 people watching in the theater, and we all complained during the movie that it wasn't focused in properly. I went three times to complain. We grouped together and waited 15 minutes for the manager to show up in the lobby. 11 Senior citizens waiting. We moved the padded benches into a grouping (away from the wall along the way to the other theaters) so we could be comfortable. 

We were given free tickets to any show at any of the theaters (4 were visitors to our town) that are good for a year. Dollar amount $20.00 per ticket. We didn't get the senior discount because it was a 3D movie.  

I really wanted to see Pan but so many people said it wasn't good. So now I'm not even excited about it, I'll just wait until it's out on RedBox, or maybe on Netflix...

I heard the opposite about Goosebumps, though. Lots of positive reviews, overall, so I'm excited to take my kiddo to see this one.

"Mad Max: Fury Road" on Bluray (courtesy of my nephew). Nice panoramas. Has post apocalyptic wasteland ever been so beautiful? The action scenes are satisfying(& surely partially Top Gear inspired)but the brief scenes of regret dogging the main character are just as vivid.

Edited by lonetree

Just saw the "Jem & The Holograms" movie.

As a disposable teen coming-of-age film, it's passable.

As an adaptation of a multi-generational franchise? It's so horrible that I honestly feel like going and getting hammered just to try and forget about it.

Disney's Tomorrowland

I wasn't excited to see this because I knew ahead of time that it was reviewed as 'mediocre' to outright bad. The beginning was thrilling enough. I was actually interested to see where things we're going. But it didn't take long for it to drag and reach a point of sci-fi that I didn't appreciate much. The concept is a bit challenging to gather, I thought, especially for a family movie. My 4-year old surprisingly made it through and didn't seem to loose focus but overall it just wasn't a fluid movie. I wouldn't watch it again and I wouldn't recommend it, either.

I read the reviews online for Steve Jobs and I was quite surprised relatively few people watched it.  Some of the reviews stated that Fassbender didn't have the "star quality pull" of DiCaprio and Christian Bale.  Fassbender is an amazing actor.  I like him much better than DiCaprio and could go toe-to-toe with Bale.  I am amazed at how he was able to change his voice and accent to match that of Jobs.  The movie, although quirky with the way the script was focused - started with the Mac and ended with the iMac - solidly captures the essence of Jobs and Fassbender's acting power has a lot to do with it.

I read the reviews online for Steve Jobs and I was quite surprised relatively few people watched it.  Some of the reviews stated that Fassbender didn't have the "star quality pull" of DiCaprio and Christian Bale.  Fassbender is an amazing actor.  I like him much better than DiCaprio and could go toe-to-toe with Bale.  I am amazed at how he was able to change his voice and accent to match that of Jobs.  The movie, although quirky with the way the script was focused - started with the Mac and ended with the iMac - solidly captures the essence of Jobs and Fassbender's acting power has a lot to do with it.

I'm not terribly interested in Steve Jobs's biography but I am a big fan of Michael Fassbender! He has amazing talent and I think more so than Christian Bale or Leonardo DiCaprio (though both actors are undoubtedly talented in their own right). Anyway, I'll see it just because of Fassy...

I'm not terribly interested in Steve Jobs's biography but I am a big fan of Michael Fassbender! He has amazing talent and I think more so than Christian Bale or Leonardo DiCaprio (though both actors are undoubtedly talented in their own right). Anyway, I'll see it just because of Fassy...

I'm not much of an emotional movie-goer.  Especially if it's one of those latest remakes of something that has been remade a lot before, all of which didn't jerk a tear off me.  But man, Fassy's Mr. Rochester made me bawl my eyes out when he was begging Jane to stay!  I was like, Jane, how can you not stay???  I don't care what Bronte wrote, you can't possibly leave him after that plea!  Hah hah.

The distributor failed to deliver "Scouts vs. Zombies" at the last minute, and so I was stuck watching "Burnt".

Unless you're really into cooking, wait for it to come out on Netflix.

...assuming, of course, you can deal with the copious amounts of cussing that take place within a kitchen.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic