What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Jane Eyre.  The one with Fassbender.

Watched it with the kids.  They enjoy watching movies set in the 18th century or earlier because they have good music and it gives them an idea of what life was generally like during the time of Joseph Smith.  This one they thought was a vampire/werewolf/zombie movie.  They were disappointed that it was just a regular person.  Boys.

I just finished watching Dream Theater's latest concert DVD Breaking the Fourth Wall.

The band got their start at the Berklee School of Music in Boston. This concert, they go back and perform with a student coir and student orchestra live. It is one of my favorite concert DVD's of all time.

Plus, the music is very theraputic and healing for me, something for which I am currently very grateful.

Star Wars VII:  The fans will be satisfied with this one.

My only "whine" is that... Disney didn't give us the villain worthy of carrying Vader's torch.  It just seemed... flat somehow without that element.

And the sad thing is.... Han, Leia, and Luke are so old now that it just hits home to me how old I have gotten.  I feel as old as Pam all of a sudden.

I watched Interstellar yesterday.  I liked it, though I think I have to go back and read the plot again and think about dimensions/time/ etc.

I watch a lot of movies on the computer as I work and this was one of the few movies that I found myself actually watching most of the film instead of just listening to it as I work.

I watched Ant Man on the flight to Hyderabad. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Ceaselessly, mindlessly, mercilessly dumb. The dumbnitude just keeps coming, and doesn't stop until the film's merciful end -- which is itself dumb.

What a dumb film. I think my IQ dropped by 20 points while watching it.

Star Wars VII.  3rd time.  In 3D this time.  I highly recommend it... well, if you're into that kind of stuff.  It was just the most awesome thing to see a Star Destroyer floating right above you.

"Daddy's Home"

Only saw it because I have to as a movie reviewer. Otherwise, I'd have stayed home since it was Christmas. Even then, I picked it because it was the shortest of the new releases this past weekend and so I could get out of the theater faster.

"Daddy's Home"

Only saw it because I have to as a movie reviewer. Otherwise, I'd have stayed home since it was Christmas. Even then, I picked it because it was the shortest of the new releases this past weekend and so I could get out of the theater faster.

I guess it wasn't that funny?

Disney's The Sword and the Stone

One of the few older classics that I had never seen.  It will probably be the last time I watch it too.  Not one of my favorites.

Agreed. How a trivial movie like "The Sword and the Stone" can be available in release while a true classic like "The Song of the South" is suppressed for political reasons escapes me.

I guess it wasn't that funny?

It was rather crude, profane, and obscene at points. 

The premise of the film is that a guy finds out his ex-wife has remarried and so does what he can to drive a wedge between them in the hopes that she'll take him back.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic