What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

13 hours ago, mirkwood said:

Spectre.  What an awful movie.  I think they made it just because Craig said it was his last Bond movie.  They should have skipped it.  0/5 stars.

Skyfall was so horribly awful that I swore off Bond movies, for real this time. I never saw Spectre and I see no reason to expect I ever will.

Guest MormonGator

Anvil. The Story of Anvil.. Great doc on one of the most influential metal bands in history. I've seen it a bunch of times, but it's still a favorite. 

I just watched a filtered version of ROOM. The concept was interesting, but the execution was predictable all the way. There were no twists, turns, surprises, or any unique insights at all. Ironically, there's not even a claim that this is based on a real story--which at least would have made it a C-grade documentary.  Ah well, it was only $1 on vidangel

FYI - according to Box Office Mojo, only three films have crossed the $100m US Domestic mark to date: Deadpool ($328m), Zootopia ($142.6m), and Kung-Fu Panda {$136m). 

Ride Along 2 is at $89.7m. 

Everything else is below $55m. 

Guest MormonGator
On February 29, 2016 at 2:28 PM, mirkwood said:

The Visit.  3.5/5 stars.  Creepy movie.

I've recently thought M. Night Shalwhatever should have his camera taken away from him until he can use it like a big boy. His last few movies were terrible. Was the Visit any good?  

13 hours ago, Ironhold said:

Just saw Miracles From Heaven.

They show a fair bit of detail concerning the medical treatment, so it's not for the squeamish. 

I'd like to see this movie.

20 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I've recently thought M. Night Shalwhatever should have his camera taken away from him until he can use it like a big boy. His last few movies were terrible. Was the Visit any good?  

3.5 out of 5 stars.  I say watch it if you like creepy horror movies.

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

3.5 out of 5 stars.  I say watch it if you like creepy horror movies.

I have been known to watch a creepy horror movie from time to time. 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:58 PM, Ironhold said:

10 Cloverfield Lane.

You need to be familiar with the associated ARG (alternate reality game) to understand the background of the film and how it ties in with the larger "Cloverfield" mythos, but if you get too deeply in to the ARG then it'll spoil the film for you. 

I watched this twice.  First time I was hiding behind the blanket for half the movie.  Second time I took my kids with me.  Kids said it would have been better if they didn't know anything about Cloverfield.  They said the "Cloverfield monster" was a bitter disappointment.  I thought it was the best part of the film!

Okay, so I really loved John Goodman here.  And the girl... she as awesome too.  Actually all 3 of them were great... all 3 just had the right chemistry!

Guest MormonGator

The last movie I saw was "Evil Things" an absolutely horrible horror movie. It's from the "found footage" genre (a style I love!) so I was greatly disappointed. You know a movie is in trouble when the characters are falling asleep and you don't blame them because let's face it-if you were in the movie, you'd fall asleep too. 

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Superman vs. Batman.

Hated it.  I can see myself spending the rest of my days never seeing another Snyder movie again.

Also just got out of Batman / Superman. 

The writing team tried to cram too many story lines into too short a film, which is why the film's as disjointed as it is. Warner Brothers is moving at a stupidly fast pace to try and catch up with Marvel's own movie universe, and so this film was the side effect. A lot of kids were actually very upset in the theater today thanks to the ending that the film had to have. 

20 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

Also just got out of Batman / Superman. 

The writing team tried to cram too many story lines into too short a film, which is why the film's as disjointed as it is. Warner Brothers is moving at a stupidly fast pace to try and catch up with Marvel's own movie universe, and so this film was the side effect. A lot of kids were actually very upset in the theater today thanks to the ending that the film had to have. 

D.C. will never beat Marvel in the big screen if they continue to make dark, lead-footed movies out of everything.  Batman is dark.  Gotham is dark.  Superman and Wonder Woman are not.  So when you make a dark Superman it doesn't work.

Yes, the fanatics are now old people, but superheroes are always kiddy stuff.  Even the aged fanatics love it because they can be kids again.  So having too complicated a plot line that's all adult-angst... flop.

Marvel succeeded because it's fun and doesn't take itself too seriously... the ones that do - Wolverine, XMen 2 and 3... flop.  The current X-Men is more adult but they throw in some bones for the kiddos - quicksilver for one.  Avengers is super fun.

Dark is really... Batman, Deadpool (and even that, Marvel decided to go fun), Punisher...

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic