What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

18 hours ago, Ironhold said:

Also saw Moana. 

Music and animation were good, but the writing was a bit rough in places; past a certain point, it was hard to feel sorry for some of the characters. 

Why would you need to feel sorry for some of the characters?

M.

Guest MormonGator
On November 20, 2016 at 10:07 AM, beefche said:

To Kill A Mockingbird with Gregory Peck. Very good.

Hamlet with Benedict Cumberbatch. Very well done (technically, it's a play that was filmed, but we still watched it on the big screen for a special showing).

Have you seen the Kevin Kline version of Hamlet? Very good! 

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Vort said:

along with Linda Ronstadt

We've been looking for a project to do together for awhile. 

(Sorry for the multiple Simpsons references. Been watching the marathon FXX has been showing) 

Edited by MormonGator

Watched an edited version of the best movie of all time, The Terminator, thanks to Clean Play DVD!  Funny how the movie goes from being R-rated to PG-rated, once they take out all the cussing... (Oh OK, maybe PG-13 rated...)

Edited by DoctorLemon

3 hours ago, Ironhold said:

A good writer should be able to draw empathy for their characters when appropriate, not repel the audience needlessly. 

I'm not sure which characters you found repellent; I thought they were all entertaining and quite likeable. I enjoyed the idea that one of the characters might be considered a "bad guy" and then come to realize that this character was very likeable and even funny.

M.

4 hours ago, Maureen said:

I'm not sure which characters you found repellent; I thought they were all entertaining and quite likeable. I enjoyed the idea that one of the characters might be considered a "bad guy" and then come to realize that this character was very likeable and even funny.

M.

Moana keeps getting bogged down with her own indecision, and Maui is a bit of a blow-hard about his hook. 

"Incarnate". 

I'm pretty well sick of R-rated horror films at this point, as it seems like nobody can do one without botching it. This one had an interesting premise, but they kept throwing twist after twist at it until it dropped. 

Jack Reacher 2.  The whole time I was thinking... Man, Tom Cruise is oooold!  He looked and moved like a rusty tractor.  I enjoyed Cobie Smulders though.  She's awesome.  She's even more awesome here than she is in Avengers and she is already awesome there.

Inferno.  I don't know... it was just blah to me.  I didn't read the book even.  I was more interested in checking out the actress that is gonna be on Rogue One - which I can't wait to see on opening day next week!

@Vort, I'm still desperately seeking your review of Arrival.  You need me to send you a ticket or what?

1 hour ago, Vort said:

Is it in theaters now? I kind of think it won't be Sister Vort's kind of movie, so I might have to wait for it to come out on video (or sneak off to the movie theater sometime).

She'll love it!  It's got some chickiness to it... love story and family and all that jazz... yes, theaters.  Won't be on video for a while since it's popular...