hello from Missouri

richar2

I have been on the BMAF archaeology forum,but this is my first time here. I love the Book of Mormon but am not an LDS member. I was RLDS for several years, but as you know, it has gone into apostacy and no longer teaches the original doctrines of the church.Those of us who believe in the orthodox teachings are now members of independent restoration branches. There are several factions in Independence, and I attend the congregation in Springfield. I grew up in northern Missouri where a lot of the early Mormon history took place. I also lived thirteen years in Independence. I have many good memories of the church, but it is just not the same. Thanks Robert

Hey Richar... welcome aboard.

Please help out a convert who doesn't get all the acronyms... what is BMAF archeology?

I've never heard of that.

I'm thinking RLDS is Reformed Latter-day Saint, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Totally cool to be so close to so much of the Church's early historical sites.

So what are some of the differences between what you believe, or are taught, compared to (what I'll refer to as) Utah Mormon's beliefs?

Hey Richar... welcome aboard.

Please help out a convert who doesn't get all the acronyms... what is BMAF archeology?

I've never heard of that.

I'm thinking RLDS is Reformed Latter-day Saint, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Totally cool to be so close to so much of the Church's early historical sites.

So what are some of the differences between what you believe, or are taught, compared to (what I'll refer to as) Utah Mormon's beliefs?[/quote

Hi Pam,

After Joseph and Hyrum were killed in the Carthage,Ill jail, there was much confusion in the church. There were several men vieing for the presidentcy of the church. Joseph had desiginated his son Joseph lll as his sucessor on three previous public occasions, but he was only 11 years old at the time. Some groups followed Brigham Young to Utah, others

went to Wisc. some went to Texas. Many stayed in Nauvoo including Emma and her sons.

In 1860 The church was reorganized at Amboy,Ill with young Joseph assuming the office of president of the high priesthood. RLDS--Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It has now become the Community of Chrst church and no longer teaches the original doctrines of the early church. Thus, many of us study and worship with the Restoration Branches.