New movie - Ephraim's Rescue

kdromrell

Just wanted to make you all aware of a new movie coming out. Here is the blurb I got from Excel Entertainment:

Ephraim's Rescue, new movie from the makers of 17 Miracles!

If you liked 17 Miracles, then you're going to love Ephraim's Rescue the all-new pioneer movie hitting theaters on May 31.

Ephraim's Rescue tells the unbelievable true story of Ephraim Hanks, the mountain-man pioneer sent to rescue the Willie and Martin Handcart Companies.

The film opens in theaters across the Western United States on May 31. For a theater near you, stay updated on the facebook page.

Watch a full trailer here

And my friend plays the lead role of Ephraim. :)

We announced this in another thread but that's okay to have another dedicated to this movie.

I saw an excerpt that I think Pam posted on FB. Living practically down the street from the Mormon Handcart Park, I can never watch the suffering of these Saints without tears and wonder. I do not know how they did it. You picture them pulling the carts but you don't always think of them in the rain and snow with no shelter, day after day, night after night. It is an amazing story. I had a pretty good education and I never heard of this part of American history until I came to Iowa.

I doubt the movie will play here, but I hope it will be on Netflix soon.

Yes, I heard about this movie from desert books. I am looking forward to see this, going to take my nonmember friends with me. Hope it will be in the movies for a while not just a day or 2. Im asuming its coming to florida......:)

• 3 months later...

I watched this movie with my family here in California, and it was a beautiful movie. I really enjoyed it.

With that being said, the British and Irish/Scottish accents were probably the most horrible that I have EVER heard! I guess that's what you get when you get a bunch of Utahns together and tell them to speak in an accent. YIKES! lol.

I have rarely heard americans who can do good Scottish accents - but then even as an English girl who has lived in Scotland for over 20 years I still cant do a good Scottish accent! (much to my drama teachers annoyance!)

I guess Scottish accents are pretty difficult, but some of the English accents were just cringe worthy. The mother of of of the main characters accent was quite sad. I felt embarrassed and offended for Brits everywhere....and I don't have a drop of English blood in me anywhere. lol.

The thing with Scottish accents is that they are so different - where I live on the west coast the local accent is ok - but 20-25 miles away the accent makes you sound as thick as 2 planks! Then if you go across to the east coast especially up north they have a lovely sing-songiness to it - and then the highland and Islanders have an amazing accent because of the influence of gealic on the way they speak english

Yeah we have a lot accents - when I moved to the midlands (near Birmingham) to go to university I was standing waiting for the bus to church, about 18months after I started uni, and this local guy with a really strong Black Country accent asked me about a bus to the next town - everything he said he had to repeat at least 3 times for me actually understand what he was saying - he must have thought that I was either deaf or stupid

• 4 months later...
I watched this movie with my family here in California, and it was a beautiful movie. I really enjoyed it.

I finally got to see this (available from Netflix on DVD now) and really enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it - try it you'll like it!

Edited by kdromrell

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/6/2013 at 12:54 AM, kdromrell said:

Just wanted to make you all aware of a new movie coming out. Here is the blurb I got from Excel Entertainment:

Ephraim's Rescue, new movie from the makers of 17 Miracles!

If you liked 17 Miracles, then you're going to love Ephraim's Rescue the all-new pioneer movie hitting theaters on May 31.

Ephraim's Rescue tells the unbelievable true story of Ephraim Hanks, the mountain-man pioneer sent to rescue the Willie and Martin Handcart Companies.

The film opens in theaters across the Western United States on May 31. For a theater near you, stay updated on the facebook page.

Watch a full trailer here

I can't wait to watch it! 

Do they make they movies in Hollywood?

• 1 month later...