Reason to worry?

Milluw

Im not sure if this is the right category to put this in :surrender:

Some time ago i started having double vision, it came quite abrubtly. One day i had trouble focusing on things and felt especially clumsy (more than usual) - just figured i were coming down with something. but then the day after i were seing 1½ sort of. The day after that again i were seeing double, and then my mother said my pupils were really large and that we should contact the doctor on call. She said for me to come to the hospital, and when i came there she did a few tests on me and said that i should call the eye doctor tomorrow, but that she did not see any signs of something acute.

Called the eyedoctor the day after and just by "luck" really i got in that same day. When i came there, the eyedoctor sent me to the hospital acute. I drove with my mother to another city thats an hour away to be checked by the eyedoctors there, and ended up staying there all the way to midnight. When they stopped the eye tests halfway and started doing MRI's and other tests on me, we both started getting more worried.

At around midnight two doctors (one of them the doctor that had been testing me all day), told me that they had found a little dot in my brain, apparantly at the place that signals for my sight, and that it was pressing on that nerve, so that my left eye were having trouble, resulting in the double vision. They said they suspected it to be a blood clot, and i got admitted as they wanted to understand why a 24 year old already were having a blood clot. My mother left and drove home, and so the testing continued out until 2 after midnight or so. And when they wake you up ofcourse. But those three days seemed forever(silly i know, its just 3 days.. but time went by so slowly:yawn:), i were alone in the room and had no contact to anybody, the doctors hardly told me anything. I didn't push them for answers much either, they all seemed so busy. But they were all very nice. I were very afraid those days though, i had no idea what was going on with me. I so have empathy, for those going in and out of hospitals now...

After looking closer, they then found out it was not a blood clot, so they had to test for cancer, my heart, and many other things, im not sure how many things they ended up checking me for, but they did a lot of it. After taking a spinal fluid test on me, they found out i did not have an infection and that it seemed not to be cancer either. They said to me i could borrow their phone to call home and be picked up, i were so relieved. But also that they wanted to test me for sclerosis.

(When i returned home, as i were lying down for the spinal fluid to restore, my sight went back to normal, since then i have not had double vision.)

I were to expect letters about two sensory tests (SEP and VEP) - which i think i ended up waiting about a month for. I then got a letter to get another full MRI and also these two.

The day i had to go take the SEP and VEP i felt so afraid to get any bad news, so i had asked my father for a blessing. I think for that month i had been worrying and having it in my head for so long, i had made it worse for myself. In the blessing i were told not to worry, that God knew me well even before, that i should trust him in the things that happend and that nothing serious like getting cut open/surgery and such would happend to me. But that he had some tests for me to go through. To reach my arm out, and he would reach his back. And some other things were also said. After the blessing i went upstairs and kneeled and cried my heart out, and a very strong sense of calm came over me, and i went through the tests fine. I don't know how it would have went without that blessing.

Unfortunately i got no results yet. But ever since that blessing, i have felt that i am not alone, and the waiting hasn't been as bad. I got the full MRI done a bit after that as well (with some days in between), and then the easter holidays here were there for about a week where i had to wait for results.

This could get long(it probably already is), i will try to shorten it... :computer:

I recieved a letter some days after the easter holidays saying that they wanted me to come to the hospital one hour away again, and speak to someone in the sclerosis department. (One floor under the apoplecsia floor i were admitted to). And that it is in two months.

I have been back and forth if i should write this thread... But when i saw that i had to wait for two months for any response/diagnose, i have just been searching for opinions on this. Because i don't know what or if to make anything of it.

Ofcourse theres nothing certain to know until i get the to the meeting, but i just wish if i could know if i had to prepare for some bad news.

On the one side, why would they want me to go all the way down there if they did not find something? Could they then not have just called me and said so, or told my doctor so i could just go down to him? (He is in my own town) Or the hospital here for that sake.. then again it might be that i have to speak to the person that has dealt with the tests. I don't know.

Also a two months wait, is this a good sign? Like.. it can't be an acute situation then, if i have to wait that long? Im really not familiar with these things, but... i guess im just searching for someone that has been through something like it, or just if anybody would know if it is a good or a bad sign, that they write that. Or if i am just overanalysing it? :dontknow:

Just keep trying to get an earlier appointment. We will pray that someone will cancel an appointment and you can get in earlier. Waiting in situations like this is not pleasant.

I haven't tried calling them for an earlier appointment, didn't think you could do that with these kinds of things. Maybe i should try and call..

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Scary. Hope you're okay, but I agree with the others: I think you'll be fine.

I once had a surgeon alter his weekend plans just to get me in for an operation a day earlier than originally planned, so I knew that was a big deal. If the doctors think you can wait two months, it can't be THAT serious.

i am no doctor or anything, but my wife recently had an experience where she couldn't see anything and was dizzy and couldn't communiacte and was incoherent. It was a little nerve-racking. She had a similar experience sometime before we got married. Then she went home and did a test to determine any food sensitivities. She is intolerant to gluten and is close to soy intolerance.

What this means is that if she continues to eat gluten, and soy. the soy can develop to an intolerance. The gluten can develop to celiac, which could kill her, and at the least cause complications with the immune system and and other system functions. MS is a possible result because of continuing to eat gluten.

So after she was diagnosed, she stopped eating gluten and cut most soy out(sad as it is, most everything you eat out there has soy in it which in the usa is GMO). Soy sauce does contain gluten in it. So i work at a restauraunt and there was a dish that she really liked but it had soy sauce in it. I got this dish for her 1-2 times a week.

Then a month ago she had another experience. She is in process of doing a hormone test which takes a month to do, and hopefully she will learn more.

But the immediate actions she was told to take was to start a diet called "repairvite." The purpose is to clean your system of potential food sensitivities or any foods that cause your immune system trouble. And then more importantly heal the stomach lining in you stomach. It should help make your GI tract stronger, healthier, and will leave you free of trouble until you can figure out some stuff.

If you want more information pm me and ill see about getting you in contact with someone that knows about this stuff. Doctors don't usually know about this. My personal experience has been doctors know little. They say we see these symptoms we think it is "A", and then more tests and they realize that "A" was not it so then they say "we think it is 'B'." and so on and so forth. Watch the documentary supersize me and the three health consultants, the doctor doesn't know anything(that is relative haha). The others contributed useful information and exhibit more concern because they forsee serious consequences. In the beginning the two other health professionals gave very educated health projections based off their field of study. The doctor was like, "i dont know."

What you described above indicates to me the pattern I just mentioned. They will do more tests, and they will not find anything especially if it relates to your immune system and strengthening it from attacks. Doctors generally prescirbe drugs, which yes may help the symptoms but usually suppress the immune system. They don't understand how the immune system works. Hence their solutions are band-aids when you need gloves(good health and nutrition) to protect you.

my wife recently had an experience where she couldn't see anything and was dizzy and couldn't communiacte and was incoherent.

That must have been frightening indeed :o i hope for your wife and you, that there will be some answers when you get the results!

What this means is that if she continues to eat gluten, and soy. the soy can develop to an intolerance. The gluten can develop to celiac, which could kill her, and at the least cause complications with the immune system and and other system functions. MS is a possible result because of continuing to eat gluten.

Funny thing, for the last about two years i have known that i have been sensitive to gluten. Whenever i eat it i become really sluggish and my skin starts to be itchy and sensitive. Maybe i haven't taken it serious enough! I am not sure about other allergies/sensitivities, but i have suspected that there is something else as well.

Soy sauce does contain gluten in it.

I did not know this :eek:

What you described above indicates to me the pattern I just mentioned. They will do more tests, and they will not find anything especially if it relates to your immune system and strengthening it from attacks.

The letter also mentioned possibility for more testing, i just assumed that it were something they had to write in all letters in the way they wrote it. But ofcourse that possibility is there.

If you want more information pm me and ill see about getting you in contact with someone that knows about this stuff.

I would love some more information on this, will just send you a pm - thanks! :)

i am no doctor or anything, but my wife recently had an experience where she couldn't see anything and was dizzy and couldn't communiacte and was incoherent. It was a little nerve-racking. She had a similar experience sometime before we got married. Then she went home and did a test to determine any food sensitivities. She is intolerant to gluten and is close to soy intolerance.

So after she was diagnosed, she stopped eating gluten and cut most soy out(sad as it is, most everything you eat out there has soy in it which in the usa is GMO). Soy sauce does contain gluten in it. So i work at a restauraunt and there was a dish that she really liked but it had soy sauce in it. I got this dish for her 1-2 times a week.

Then a month ago she had another experience. She is in process of doing a hormone test which takes a month to do, and hopefully she will learn more.

But the immediate actions she was told to take was to start a diet called "repairvite." The purpose is to clean your system of potential food sensitivities or any foods that cause your immune system trouble. And then more importantly heal the stomach lining in you stomach. It should help make your GI tract stronger, healthier, and will leave you free of trouble until you can figure out some stuff.

If you want more information pm me and ill see about getting you in contact with someone that knows about this stuff. Doctors don't usually know about this. My personal experience has been doctors know little. They say we see these symptoms we think it is "A", and then more tests and they realize that "A" was not it so then they say "we think it is 'B'." and so on and so forth. Watch the documentary supersize me and the three health consultants, the doctor doesn't know anything(that is relative haha). The others contributed useful information and exhibit more concern because they forsee serious consequences. In the beginning the two other health professionals gave very educated health projections based off their field of study. The doctor was like, "i dont know."

What you described above indicates to me the pattern I just mentioned. They will do more tests, and they will not find anything especially if it relates to your immune system and strengthening it from attacks. Doctors generally prescirbe drugs, which yes may help the symptoms but usually suppress the immune system. They don't understand how the immune system works. Hence their solutions are band-aids when you need gloves(good health and nutrition) to protect you.

MS is not caused by eating gluten.

Im not sure what causes MS, but from what ive understood so far, some doctors think it is linked to the lack of vitamin D. But there seems to be different things that can affect it, so i wouldn't be surprised if food had some role to play as well.

However, i am not one to say.. i don't know anywhere near enough to say someting for sure at this point.

Im not sure what causes MS, but from what ive understood so far, some doctors think it is linked to the lack of vitamin D. But there seems to be different things that can affect it, so i wouldn't be surprised if food had some role to play as well.

However, i am not one to say.. i don't know anywhere near enough to say someting for sure at this point.

Anyone who improves their eating habits will feel better, no matter what disease they do or don't have. MS is not caused by some random food.

They are still investigating whether or not there is a link between Vitamin D defiency and MS. I am part of one such study. The fact that there might be a link does not mean that that is necessarily the cause. But there are also A LOT of people with this deficency who do not have MS.

The fact that there might be a link does not mean that that is necessarily the cause.

That is why i said that it might have a role to play, and not that it was the cause :) i haven't concluded anything so far, im only researching and interested in learning more about it.