Relationship before Mission

TribalLoser

I currently really like a girl who I would like to court after my mission, and I feel that I am losing her interest in me. I have not told her that I like her, but she is assuming that I do. I do not want to verify her claims because I do not want a relationship until after my mission (Strength of the Youth related) and I would not know what to do after I told her if I don't want a relationship. I would have told her right when I had feelings for her, but I remembered my mission and that I did not want anything too serious. What can I do to keep her interest without sparking a relationship? Is there and article or talk from the General Authorities about something similar?

She also did like me a month ago, but I don't know now.

Edited by TribalLoser
More info

Here's what I told the girl I dated before I left, for what it's worth.

"I love you, but I'm going on a mission for two years. You don't owe me anything nor do I owe you. If you want to write to me, that would be great, but I want you to do what you feel is right and best for you. If you want to date someone, go for it. You don't need to tell me anything about it. When I get back, we can see where we stand with each other and go from there. I would like to date you when I get back, but for two years there won't be much either of us can do about it, so let's not try for now."

As it stood, she wrote me for over half my mission. When I got back she was engaged and soon got married to a great guy. It could have just as easily ended with us together, but that isn't the important part.

As you know, the important part is giving each other enough room to live their lives and to do so respectfully and with dignity.

Best wishes on this and your mission

Guest Doctrine

People change in two years, and the things you want now you may not want in two years,

It like scripture verses one verse may say something to you now but in one month that same verse may say something else.

But who knows she could be the one of the seven ment to be.

There is a time and a place for everything. Wanting a temple marriage is a righteous goal, but there are other things to worry about before that happens. Right now, you are preparing yourself for a mission. This is your focus. Don't worry about what the future entails. If you are faithful now and work hard at your current responsibilities, you will be blessed in the future.

Focus on the here and now.