Wal-Mart Milk; What is it really?

EarlJibbs

I have a friend that makes his own cheese. He and those in this cheese making community tell me that you cannot make cheese using Wal-Mart milk, but you can with other store purchased milk. Although he hasn't researched why (and frankly neither have I), I find this information alarming.

What foods have you heard similar things about?

I've also heard you can't make cheese with the wal-mart version of oreo cookies. So disappointing.

Nice MOE! :D:D:D You seriously just made my day. I like where you are going, but let me clarify.

Does anyone have any weird [DELETED: facts] Rumors about foods that we commonly purchase in stores?

Edited by EarlJibbs

Nice MOE! :D:D:D You seriously just made my day. I like where you are going, but let me clarify.

Does anyone have any weird facts about foods that we commonly purchase in stores?

If we're limiting this thread to facts it won't get nearly as far as if we allow rumor.

I thought you could only make cheese from raw milk. Maybe there are other store brands that aren't as pasteurized.

All you have to do is heat it to break the bonds of the fat from the liquids and then it will make cheese.

If it is true walmart milk cant be used it is probably related to it being reconstituted from dry milk. Dont know if you can make cheese from dry milk but I doubt it.

All you have to do is heat it to break the bonds of the fat from the liquids and then it will make cheese.

If it is true walmart milk cant be used it is probably related to it being reconstituted from dry milk. Dont know if you can make cheese from dry milk but I doubt it.

And we were having such a good time Anne. Haha. :P

I have a friend that makes his own cheese. He and those in this cheese making community tell me that you cannot make cheese using Wal-Mart milk, but you can with other store purchased milk. Although he hasn't researched why (and frankly neither have I), I find this information alarming.

What foods have you heard similar things about?

It's those Wal-Mart cows that are the problem....