Wal-Mart Milk; What is it really?

EarlJibbs

I think it has to do with either the high temperature pasteurization or ultra homogenization. This technique denatures the proteins. It gives the milk a longer shelf-life but makes it useless for cheese making.

I think that it has something to do with the world domination schemes of the Triumvirate...

One time I bought milk from a store (not Wal-Mart) and it was absolutely disgusting. I looked at the label and it was reconstructed milk. Basically dry milk. I wonder if that kind of milk is what the cheese making people were talking about.

I always read the labels after that :D

I don't live in America, so i don't know anything really about walmart. :unsure:

But i found these facts about things they put into food:

Processed Food Confidential: 20 Gross Food Facts

:eek: ...

6 Gross Food Ingredients You Didn't Know You Were Eating | Reader's Digest

:blink:Eugh!!! .. why would put these things into food! :ninja:

Costco milk always tastes funny to me. But I switched to Almond milk about 2 years ago. I will never go back.

Here's something weird - I buy almond white milk, but soy chocolate. I got some chocolate from Walmart and actually ended up writing Silk about it because it tasted so strange - like a coconut aftertaste. I wondered if they hadn't washed the vat after making coconut milk or something. I got a coupon from the Silk people for a new one, so that was good.

The other day I got another container of chocolate from Walmart and it also tasted funny. However, when I buy soy or almond from my regional grocery store, it always tastes fine.

Maybe Walmart is doctoring the milk substitutes to make people go back to dairy? :eek:

I don't buy white milk, but the idea that Walmart makes it from dried milk sounds all kinds of ewww.

About the only thing I find particularly oogy or shocking on those links is the pubic hairs one and it lacks any sort of citation. Not that everything on the list is good mind you.

Only one :o i found everything there to be gross, though i already were aware of a few of them.

All you have to do is heat it to break the bonds of the fat from the liquids and then it will make cheese.

If it is true walmart milk cant be used it is probably related to it being reconstituted from dry milk. Dont know if you can make cheese from dry milk but I doubt it.

What is your source for Walmart milk being reconstituted?

Only one :o i found everything there to be gross, though i already were aware of a few of them.

I enjoy the end product of a process that consists of squeezing the mammaries of a four legged animal, curdling it, and then using a controlled decay to achieve the desired end product. Gross is relative, and I'm under no illusion that my food is rainbows and glitter. So when you tell me that some food coloring uses shells, rennet is from a calf's stomach, that chicken nuggets are formed from a pureed product, or that some amount of contamination is normal for mass processed foods (or even smaller individual batches), I shrug.

Edited by Dravin

I enjoy the end product of a process that consists of squeezing the mammaries of a four legged animal, curdling it, and then using a controlled decay to achieve the desired end product. Gross is relative, and I'm under no illusion that my food is rainbows and glitter.

And here I was all comfortable in my culinary superiority because I refuse to eat blood sausage.

I enjoy the end product of a process that consists of squeezing the mammaries of a four legged animal, curdling it, and then using a controlled decay to achieve the desired end product. Gross is relative, and I'm under no illusion that my food is rainbows and glitter. So when you tell me that some food coloring uses shells, rennet is from a calf's stomach, that chicken nuggets are formed from a pureed product, or that some amount of contamination is normal for mass processed foods (or even smaller individual batches), I shrug.

So what you are saying is that there are no rainbows involved in processing food huh? Please give me a reference good sir!