What does it mean to you to treat your girlfriend/partner/wife as a queen?

I think my husband my wife means my King my Wife He is your king and you are his Queen and you rule your home together. Its respect for each other. As you both try to rightoeousy rule your domain together, side by side to have order, to have peace to have love, etc......

I think that the problem is that this man almost doesn't exist. I mean, okay, there are probably guys like that sometimes. And I try my best to read my wife and tell what she wants. I think the longer we are married, the more likely it is that I will be successful at that. But romantic movies tell a fantasy story about a relationship, and the ability to read a woman perfectly is as much a superpower as Superman's ability to fly.

LOL!

Our Relief Society lesson last Friday gave a list of 10 things Men and Women are supposed to do for their spouses every single day. This was #6 (paraphrased):

Talk to your spouse about your feelings at least once a day.

And I thought to myself... uhm, not gonna help. Because, this is how the conversation is going to be:

Mr. Anatess trying to share his feelings: I stubbed my toe on the laundry basket blocking the door. It hurts like the dickens!

Mrs. Anatess trying to share her feelings: I really hate it when you make me feel like a slave.

Mr. Anatess: I didn't tell you to get me ice! I was just trying to share my feelings!

Mrs. Anatess: You were trying to tell me how you felt about how I let the laundry pile up and I shared my feelings about how that made me feel.

Mr. Anatess: Wait, what? You didn't do laundry? I still had about 2 pairs of garments left, last I checked.

Yeah. Frustrating to us both.

And here's another one:

Mrs. Anatess: You seem awfully quiet. What are you thinking?

Mr. Anatess: Nothing.

Mrs. Anatess: C'mon, you can share it with me. Don't shut me out. How do you feel?

Mr. Anatess: I feel normal.

Mrs. Anatess: So why are you quiet? What's going on in your brain?

Mr. Anatess: I don't really want to talk. I was just sitting here thinking about nothing.

Mrs. Anatess: Fine. You don't want to share with me. You reject me all the time!

Mr. Anatess: Huh? What did I do?

(Yes, I found out a few years into our marriage that men are actually completely capable of thinking about absolutely NOTHING).

Edited by anatess