"Twerking"

MorningStar

Oh, good heavens. They have invented a word for the "dance" move in which people hump the air.

33 kids were suspended for making a "twerking video" on school grounds. I saw a friend "like" this story on Facebook and was shocked to see parents writing things like, "I would fight for my kids' right to make a video like this! The school is overracting."

Seriously?!

I was going to post the link to an article, but they contain links to the video, which has not only nasty "dancing", but nasty lyrics that degrade women.

I can't stand to hear parents defending this! How could any parents be OK with their kids behaving like that?

I can't stand to hear parents defending this! How could any parents be OK with their kids behaving like that?

The ugly, blunt answer? Many parents are stupid and corrupt, and they pass their stupidity and corruption on to their offspring.

Parents pay for the trashy lingerie, er, prom dresses that their daughters wear. They pay for the limousines and hotel rooms. They pay for the after-prom all-you-can-drink sleepovers. You wonder how they could be okay with making a fun video of some dance moves?

Jeez what happened to dancing having some skill to it, imagine how awful Footloose would have been if they were just humping the air for the entire movie...

maybe the remake does that...wouldn't surprise me lol

the gangnam style dance is funny... well when I pose my ball jointed dolls to do it...they have such wacky hair and silly outfits (or when its my little pony related)

Parents pay for the trashy lingerie, er, prom dresses that their daughters wear. They pay for the limousines and hotel rooms. They pay for the after-prom all-you-can-drink sleepovers. You wonder how they could be okay with making a fun video of some dance moves?

It is NOT dancing. It's humping the air while doing handstands against a wall to music with filthy lyrics.

How very sad to know we have brought up a generation with this kind of mind set.

As with the parents, so goes the children. Yesterday on Dr Phil a mother had her daughter working in a club where they dance for men. Just because there was lots of money made, they could see no harm.

This is why it is vital for parents to take a much greater role in the proper raising of their children with the standards of Christ. Parents are intrinsically accountable by their very place as teacher, example, and leader of the family.

Parents do their children a disservice by teaching them that there ought not to be consequences for actions. That is the voice of the adversary which teaches such things.

This is why it is vital for parents to take a much greater role in the proper raising of their children with the standards of Christ. Parents are intrinsically accountable by their very place as teacher, example, and leader of the family.

Parents do their children a disservice by teaching them that there ought not to be consequences for actions. That is the voice of the adversary which teaches such things.

standards alone, I mean Athiests aren't going to teach their children the standards of Christ, but not all Athiest parents are bad.

Like there are good Christians, there are good Athiests, and like there are bad Athiests there are bad Christians

Oh, good heavens. They have invented a word for the "dance" move in which people hump the air.

33 kids were suspended for making a "twerking video" on school grounds. I saw a friend "like" this story on Facebook and was shocked to see parents writing things like, "I would fight for my kids' right to make a video like this! The school is overracting."

Seriously?!

I was going to post the link to an article, but they contain links to the video, which has not only nasty "dancing", but nasty lyrics that degrade women.

I was wondering what twerking was......but now that u expained this, this has been around along time......

standards alone, I mean Athiests aren't going to teach their children the standards of Christ, but not all Athiest parents are bad.

Like there are good Christians, there are good Athiests, and like there are bad Athiests there are bad Christians

It is interesting to note though, that there is such a thing as universal truth. Atheists may not believe in the divinity of Christ but they still do believe in universal truth. Atheists do not kill, not because they believe in the divinity of Christ, but because it is a universal truth that killing is bad.

Universal truth as given to our conscience is what we call the Light of Christ that is present in every single person on earth - regardless of belief/faith/religion/etc.

Seriously?!

Im on the other side of this argument.

While I may agree completely that whether its Elvis or Furries, pelvic thrusts are questionable dance moves... That a school would deny children's right to an education for being bad dancers is flat out wrong.

ESPECIALLY if said school has cheerleaders, a dance team, allows filming of any kind on campus, etc.

This isn't about how tasteful their dancing was... Its about children being suspended for dancing & filming it.

Bullying others? Sure.

Bad dancing? Heck no.

Im on the other side of this argument.

While I may agree completely that whether its Elvis or Furries, pelvic thrusts are questionable dance moves... That a school would deny children's right to an education for being bad dancers is flat out wrong.

ESPECIALLY if said school has cheerleaders, a dance team, allows filming of any kind on campus, etc.

This isn't about how tasteful their dancing was... Its about children being suspended for dancing & filming it.

Bullying others? Sure.

Bad dancing? Heck no.

Wait, what? Let's say a bunch of teen-agers engaged in this new dance craze called Bopping. It's that dance move where one bops the person next to them with a baseball bat. We're not supposed to suspend them because it's just... bad dancing?

that's more assault, dancing doesn't cause physical harm, some just consider it immoral (and some don't) physical harm is something everyone can agree on, moralty isn't

That's why I mentioned bopping - because every school in the country prohibits it. "Humping" is against my county's school policy, just like wearing a shirt that exposes your midribs.

Twerking may just be bad dancing according to Badwolf but that doesn't mean it doesn't go against this school's policy.