Lds Discourse

Acez

Thank you for that Acez.. Looks good :sparklygrin:

According to posting rule #2, Traveler would have to change his ways or risk being banned. While I'm not a fan of his particular style of writing, it seems a little harsh to me.

I am a little confused at to why you posted this here in a topic that has nothing to do with that :dontknow:

<div class='quotemain'>

According to posting rule #2, Traveler would have to change his ways or risk being banned. While I'm not a fan of his particular style of writing, it seems a little harsh to me.

I am a little confused at to why you posted this here in a topic that has nothing to do with that :dontknow:

#1- Go to the indicated website.

#2- Navigate to the top section in forums, the one labeled "there must needs be rules".

#3- Click on the second subject labeled "announcement: please read".

#4- Read rule #2 in the list, where it says "Please do not spell God as such: G-d. To refer to the Savior, Jesus Christ, by his given name, Jehovah, in less than a reverent manner will not be tolerated. To do so will result in one formal warning. A repeat offense will result in a lifetime ban. "

#5- Now, come back to this site and look up Traveler in our members list. read his postings. When he refers to deity, he does not spell them out in full, specifically, he uses the exact spelling G-d to refer to God. He has his reasons for doing this, and he can explain it to you if he wishes to do so.

#6- My post was an observation that if Traveler were to post on that website, he would have to change his posting style or risk being banned by their administrators. I feel that kind of punishment would be a harsh sentence for someone who would otherwise be a model poster on that board.

Are you less confused by my posting yet? How can I make it more clear to you?

John Doe, the point being that the owner of the site makes the rules. Traveler has explained his reason for doing so due to the nature of his international posts and friends who are of other faiths and do not wish to see God or others names written in such a forum.

Traveler can post where he sees fit in a manner he chooses and like most observe the rules. Everything that I have seen Traveler post would believe me to feel that Traveler feels the same way.

Ben Raines

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

#1- Go to the indicated website.

#2- Navigate to the top section in forums, the one labeled "there must needs be rules".

#3- Click on the second subject labeled "announcement: please read".

#4- Read rule #2 in the list, where it says "Please do not spell God as such: G-d. To refer to the Savior, Jesus Christ, by his given name, Jehovah, in less than a reverent manner will not be tolerated. To do so will result in one formal warning. A repeat offense will result in a lifetime ban. "

#5- Now, come back to this site and look up Traveler in our members list. read his postings. When he refers to deity, he does not spell them out in full, specifically, he uses the exact spelling G-d to refer to God. He has his reasons for doing this, and he can explain it to you if he wishes to do so.

#6- My post was an observation that if Traveler were to post on that website, he would have to change his posting style or risk being banned by their administrators. I feel that kind of punishment would be a harsh sentence for someone who would otherwise be a model poster on that board.

i can't speak for susie, but i'm laughing a bit right now.

john doe, when first read your post i misunderstood and thought the it in this sentence "While I'm not a fan of his particular style of writing, it seems a little harsh to me." refered to traveler's writing being harsh not the rule in response to it. so i viewed your statment as being rather critical to traveler (rather than the rules of the site) which seemed a little out of place and uncalled for. with the further explaination i do understand what you are saying now. lol :blush:

Yeah. See, the reason you guys misunderstood my words is because you are predisposed to think negatively about me. If you would actually read my words with open hearts, you would have know that I meant nothing untoward about Traveler. :blink::blink::blink:

am i missing some sarcasm here??? :dontknow: i'm not predisposed to think anything about you. i read through it very quickly and misunderstood. didn't think anything about you as a person (other than maybe in a bad mood or a personal tiff between you and traveler). i figured if traveler had a problem with it he would say something. i was just admitting my foolish mistake. thought it might help you understand why the clarification was needed, for me at least. i still can't speak for susie. not trying to start something, just thought my misunderstanding was humorous and shared. if anything it speaks poorly of me, that i could miss something that seems so obvious now. lol at the minimum confirms to those who suspected i was a blonde. :D

Not sure that I appreciate that...

It is clear that you totally missed what I was actually saying... If you want me to be more blunt.. so be it -

The intention of the thread starter was to share a site.. What you posted had nothing to do with that..

I shall leave it there.

LDS Discourse meant no disrespect to anyone or their way of worship. Due to traveler's unique situation, LDS Discourse has changed their rule to allow the use of G_d. The rule was not meant to offend anyone, and the administrator did not mean to keep anyone from coming to the sight because of their beliefs. That is the whole idea of the sight, to allow freedom of expression of our beliefs without ridicule from others.

LDS Discourse wants no contention with any other site or competition. It is a place where LDS standards will be held in very high regard and no bashing of the LDS Church or any other religion will be allowed. It is not to steal people from here or anywhere else, but will give us another place to visit. You will find that LDS Discourse has listed LDS Talk on the front page of their website as an affiliate link.

Josie

<div class='quotemain'>

Yeah. See, the reason you guys misunderstood my words is because you are predisposed to think negatively about me. If you would actually read my words with open hearts, you would have know that I meant nothing untoward about Traveler. :blink::blink::blink:

am i missing some sarcasm here???

I have a feeling that john doe was being sarcastic. :) But I must say he also has the ability to make change happen fast. In less than one day he was able, and most likely unintentionally, to have a strange rule changed for the better (I thought it was a strange rule). Alls well that ends well. ;)

M.

<div class='quotemain'>

Not sure that I appreciate that...

It is clear that you totally missed what I was actually saying... If you want me to be more blunt.. so be it -

The intention of the thread starter was to share a site.. What you posted had nothing to do with that..

I shall leave it there.

And I went to the indicated website and checked it out. I noticed they had a weird rule, so I came back to the advertisement thread and commented on that strange rule. I don't know how to make it more clear as to what happened.

I haven't been back, but if the preceding posts here are accurate, the rule has been changed. I applaud the admin and mods of that site for quickly righting a wrong. Good job, guys! And if I had a small part in helping make that change, I figure it was worth it, even if some here still don't know what I'm talking about. Being misunderstood is just one of the many crosses I bear in life. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::tinfoil:

I doubt I would be welcome there, anyway.

John everyone is invited to LDS Discourse as long as they go by the rules. We also listen to people's suggestions and concerns, just as we listened to you and BenRaines here.

LDS Discourse does not want to take anyone away from this site or anywhere else, it is an open invitation for all to come as another place to visit and enjoy. We all come here and like this site and the people, I have came here for years, this is where I started chatting. I came to this site about 9 years ago and chatted here till it went down and then came back when I found it was up again and still come.

LDS Discourse is a different site, without alot of frills, but it is a nice place to go. It's standards are high and it will see that those standards are followed, but most can find somthing of interest to them, if you are looking for that kind of site.

Josie