Law of Sarah

Drpepper

Um...the Law of Moses no longer applies. The Lord was the final sacrifice and His death took us into the Law of Christ. That is gospel.

So really, other than for historical reference and educating ourselves, speaking of how the Law of Moses will or will not play a part is a moot conversation. The Law was fulfilled. We have progressed...and there will be other challenges placed before us.

:)

Um...the Law of Moses no longer applies. The Lord was the final sacrifice and His death took us into the Law of Christ. That is gospel.

So really, other than for historical reference and educating ourselves, speaking of how the Law of Moses will or will not play a part is a moot conversation. The Law was fulfilled. We have progressed...and there will be other challenges placed before us.

If you recall . . .

That was not the direction I was intending to take it...

• 2 weeks later...

:)

Hi, I think what I am about to say can be easily understood wrong.

The Law of Moses no longer applies as far as specific applications of ordinances, and other performances.

However, the principles that come from it continue on. Mosiah 13:30 is one of my favorite verses to teach us this. Their temple experience is very helpful to us to understand what we must do in this life. The law teaches us that there are consequences to our decisions and we must realize that. Especially in our world today when we can do many things and it seems there is no negative consequences. The truth is they are there.

The Gospel is truly a higher law because we cannot depend on others, or cultural laws to immediately tell us we are wrong. We must rely on the Spirit and faith. This increases the rapidity of our growth.

As was said, the Law of Moses will not be lived in our dispensation. sacrifice by the shedding of blood ended with the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The keys that were had then in that dispensation were the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading the ten tribes from the north countries. Those keys have been restored.

• 2 weeks later...

When polygamy was commanded the prophets clearly taught that it was a requirement for exaltation.

I'd have to look it up, but I was under the impression that it wasn't a requirement for the whole Church, only the individuals the Lord commanded. Temple marriage was still required, but not necessarily polygamy.

It's being practiced (postmortem) today. I personally know 2 men who's wives passed away, and both got sealed again to another woman.

I don't know Howard W. Hunter personally, but he went that route shortly prior to becoming president of the church.

But then I think of how Joseph Smith has no other children except for those with Emma and I think to myself that the sexual aspect of the relationship is not a requirement in a polygamous marriage.

It is a requirement if the purpose is to bring up more children unto the Lord. Of course if the other wives dealt with housework, lessons for the kids, etc then there is more time to go about getting those children. ^^

I think it's important to point our that "rais[ing] up seed unto [Lord]" doesn't have to mean having lots of children. It can also mean(and probably the most important meaning) raising your children to be righteous.

Both.

Again, I'm beyond relieved that polygamy is not practiced by living Latter-Day Saints. Furthermore, my husband has admitted that he couldn't handle another woman and wouldn't want to, apparently I'm a lot to handle :)