Looking for Reading Material - Book of Mormon in story format?

LeKook

Hi All!

I'm trying to find out if there is a "novel" or series form of the Book of Mormon scriptures. I know this sounds like a goofy request but the problem (for me) is that the scriptures aren't in chronological format and I need something that will help me remember what happened in that order. When I was growing up we had Bible story books that helped me learn the Bible in some sort of sensible order so now that I'm older I still know what prophet came before what other prophet, where major events occurred in history, etc.

I have the bookmarks (with the chron order on them) and they aren't helpful. If I could find the stories in the scriptures, simplified, in the order they occurred, it would be a HUGE help. My brain cell suffers enough as it is. Now I'm just getting lost.

Have already tried audio format on some of this - still could not retain the info. Need it in written format.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Lynn

P.S. I apologize if this might be in the wrong forum - didn't know which to post it in! :confused:

Thanks Dahlia - I'll take a look at that. Mostly I just want better jogs for my memory, LOL!!! We're studying D&C in class on Sundays and it's all over the place. I can't seem to get a grip on chronology for scriptures and frankly I have a feeling that I'm running out of time to figure it out.

Ah! Praetorian_Brow got to it before I did. I was going to suggest that.

The Book of Mormon stories are a great resource! I might be grown, but I still love to read through it from time to time. It goes through the most important events in the Book of Mormon in a story form with pictures and easy-to-read captions. They have one of those for each of the major books of Scripture. I'd give that a shot.