June 15, 2013 - Priesthood Endowed Plan

pam

"In our Heavenly Father's great priesthood-endowed plan, men have the unique responsibility to administer the priesthood, but they are not the priesthood."

—M. Russell Ballard

Reminds of something a man told me about 5 years ago. I don't remember how we got onto the subject but he said. "I am the Priesthood power."

Well ummm...no you aren't. I thought this quote was a great reminder of the differences.

Reminds of something a man told me about 5 years ago. I don't remember how we got onto the subject but he said. "I am the Priesthood power."

Well ummm...no you aren't. I thought this quote was a great reminder of the differences.

Interesting, for some reason I'm having a nostalgic experience of He-man, "I have the POWER!"

Don't tell me he ran around in fur speedos also? :D

Interesting, for some reason I'm having a nostalgic experience of He-man, "I have the POWER!"

Don't tell me he ran around in fur speedos also? :D

Well I can tell you that if he had been running around in a fur speedo we would not have had a conversation. I would have been the one running as far away as I could from him.

"In our Heavenly Father's great priesthood-endowed plan, men have the unique responsibility to administer the priesthood, but they are not the priesthood."

—M. Russell Ballard

This was a great statement. I have considered it. Why do you think Elder Ballard called the plan priesthood endowed?

This was a great statement. I have considered it. Why do you think Elder Ballard called the plan priesthood endowed?

Elder Ballard said, "priesthood-endowed plan," connoting the conflation of priesthood and endowed; power and authority combined with gift to describe the type of plan.

Would his meaning then imply, the plan as a gift of power and authority?

This plan endows us with power and authority, which is why the man is not the priesthood, to administer the affairs of the kingdom of God on this earth.

This thought brings my mind to reflect we are being of action, not being to be acted upon.