World goes back to normal on July 15th

skippy740

I'm pleasantly surprised Hostess is giving it another shot. Twinkies is a great brand and I knew some company was going to buy it and get it going (much to the disagreement of the "Unions Destroyed Twinkies!" hysteria), but I wasn't expecting Hostess to restructure and try picking up where they left off. From what I've been hearing about the changes, I think we'll see Hostess do much better over the next few years than the last few years.

I'm pleasantly surprised Hostess is giving it another shot. Twinkies is a great brand and I knew some company was going to buy it and get it going (much to the disagreement of the "Unions Destroyed Twinkies!" hysteria), but I wasn't expecting Hostess to restructure and try picking up where they left off. From what I've been hearing about the changes, I think we'll see Hostess do much better over the next few years than the last few years.

It's not technically "Hostess". From what I understand it's a new group of owners who have picked up intellectual property (in the form of trademarks and recipes), and maybe some equipment, from a now-defunct corporate entity owned and manned by managers and employees who are, for the most part, no longer in the picture.

It's not technically "Hostess". From what I understand it's a new group of owners who have picked up intellectual property (in the form of trademarks and recipes), and maybe some equipment, from a now-defunct corporate entity owned and manned by managers and employees who are, for the most part, no longer in the picture.

Yeah, it's not the Hostess that we knew last year, but I was expecting Little Debbie or somebody else to buy the rights to everything and rebrand Twinkies as Little Debbie Twinkies. I'm mostly surprised that the Hostess name still exists, but I guess brand recognition is that powerful.

I am most interested in the union reaction to Twinkies again on market shelves. I believe it will be interesting to see how new workers going to work will be treated (pun intended) - and if there will be demonstrations at producing facilities or at markets selling products.

I am quite sure that despite economic difficulties that many unions that were never involved with Hostess will not be happy with the employment opportunities that will be available for workers that otherwise would not have any work.

The Traveler