question

I am wondering, what, if anything, does the church say on a widow member marrying outside of the faith. I presume is the same as a single person - better not to. It frightens me that someone I know could lose out of a whole family -- late wife, child that died at the age of 5, and now multiple children and grandchildren he has in the eternities.

I'd just like to know of someone else has been there, and what counsels exist with in the church about it.

Thanks.

It frightens me that someone I know could lose out of a whole family -- late wife, child that died at the age of 5, and now multiple children and grandchildren he has in the eternities.

Why would he lose all that if he re-marries outside his faith?

Why would he lose all that if he re-marries outside his faith?

If he is struggling to keep covenants of baptism now already, marriage outside of the church isn't going to help him. It will make it even harder to go.

I'm not judging here, just thinking practically so I can get feedback from others who have been there.

Your first post doesn't say anything about struggling to keep covenants. Just because a widow/widower marries outside the temple doesn't mean they are struggling with faith. My brother is marrying a 2nd time after a divorce. The wonderful woman he's marrying is not LDS. Yet it works for them. They both believe in Christ and they both believe in agency. I also believe they are committed to supporting each other.

Your post brought to mind the LDS "I'm a mormon" campaign.

If they were sealed to the first spouse and keeping covenants then I'm not sure I see where it matters if they marry lds or not. Either way it would a civil marriage - until death - the sealing to the first spouse would be intact.

Now if the spouse were to later join the church and want an eternal marriage then there could be an issue. More so an issue for a widow marrying outside the church than a widower.