In the event of the Zombie Apocalypse...

You can find me here

Posted Image

Black Balsam Knob, Blue Ridge Mountains; 6,214 feet.

I just spent a week backpacking with the boy scouts. We reached the summit of Black Balsam Knob in 30 mph winds. There were a few times I got to see wisps of clouds go zipping past us.

Life is good today.

Where do you find your respite?

Where do you find your respite?

By the side of my wife experiencing something new. It doesn't have to be a fancy type of new, just a zoo, museum, or even restaurant we've never been to before works. We did go hiking at Turkey Run a few months back together and we both quite enjoyed that. Two of my favorite scenery photos from that hiking trip:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The whole album if you are interested: Dravin's Turkey Run Album

I intend to bug in at Fort Mirkwood in the event of the zombie apocalypse.

Oh well, I can't get the image inserts to work.

It looked like you used the page URL and not the image url. The third url gave me an error from Facebook when I tried to go to it.

Edit: I removed the images in my post since mirkwood has it covered now.

Edited by Dravin

Maybe Isaiah is talking about you guys when he says:

1The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

2 He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

Here is the translation by Avraham Gileadi

57:1-2

The righteous disappear

and no man gives it a thought.

The godly are gathered out

but no one perceives that from impending calamity

The righteous are withdrawn."

I can only imagine what supplies would be needed to bug out into the wilderness over any length of time such as a winter or during the duration of the sickness "waves" of a pandemic. Three months of food you can eat without a lot of prep and a longer-term supply of foods that will last a long time like grains and beans perhaps?

"All is Safely Gathered In" tells what and how we should "gather in"

http://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/04008_eng.pdf

Okay, so my calling is PREPAREDNESS in my ward, what more can I say? I want EVERYONE to be prepared for adversity in their lives, calamities and tribulations.

From the back cover of "All is Safely Gathered In"

Come, ye thankful people, come;

Raise the song of harvest home.

All is safely gathered in

Ere the winter storms begin.

Edited by lds2

I can only imagine what supplies would be needed to bug out into the wilderness over any length of time such as a winter

A sturdy shovel and a pickaxe are a good start. If you can get 12 feet into a mountain side (that is, 12 feet of earth in any direction), the temperature should remain at or around 50 degrees throughout the year (50 degrees is the earth's average temperature). Once you've got that shelter taken care of, food is the next step, but survival is much easier when your shelter problems are taken care of.

The ground in Qatar is impervious to picks, shovels and rain, unless you have all the time of the millennium.

Sounds like the same ground as in Las Vegas here.

Perhaps there aren't "Zombies" in Qatar?

As our beliefs are that the Lord won't come in glory until after such things as the tribulations, war of Armageddon in Israel, etc. being raptured isn't a very good plan for us.

We do have promises of the "New Jerusalem" eventually being a place of safety for the last days. Maybe you could come stay with us!

A sturdy shovel and a pickaxe are a good start. If you can get 12 feet into a mountain side (that is, 12 feet of earth in any direction), the temperature should remain at or around 50 degrees throughout the year (50 degrees is the earth's average temperature). Once you've got that shelter taken care of, food is the next step, but survival is much easier when your shelter problems are taken care of.

You can pick up all the survival gear you need at S-Mart. Don't bother buying any gum, you won't need it where you're going.

Sounds like the same ground as in Las Vegas here.

Perhaps there aren't "Zombies" in Qatar?

As our beliefs are that the Lord won't come in glory until after such things as the tribulations, war of Armageddon in Israel, etc. being raptured isn't a very good plan for us.

We do have promises of the "New Jerusalem" eventually being a place of safety for the last days. Maybe you could come stay with us!

Agreed.

But New Jerusalem will not be in Qatar.

I will have to petition the Lord to hold off the Zombie Apocalypse till I get back home at any rate. :D

Right here in America:

We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory

Specifically, Missouri, with Independence as the "center".