A Tight Knit Group... Is This Going Too Far?

There are Christian groups that do this too. There are a number of business organizations that are Christian run like Christian Realtors, Christian Medical Insurance Coop, and Christian Counseling association, etc.

There are Christian groups that do this too. There are a number of business organizations that are Christian run like Christian Realtors, Christian Medical Insurance Coop, and Christian Counseling association, etc.

I more liken it to 'Baptist Realtors' and the like and I think it's a bit tacky. But that's just me. :) Of course I respect the rights of anyone to do business that a'way... just sayin' what I think of it.

Growing up-I was tainted by my employer saying, "I'd much rather have a nonchristian than a Christian for a consumer." The list of Christians on his route would be the people that tended to not pay. I must admit that I've experienced that in my own private practice too. :( Seems like it ought to be the other way around, but in my experience so far, it's hasn't been.

I think its a good idea. I live near Fort Drum, New York home of the 10th MTN Division (Light Infantry). the size of the unit on the base almost doubled in the past few years so did the 3 wards in the area. Most people as soon as they got here would ask the bishop if there was a LDS real estate agent in the area. My mother is the only one for about 100 miles in any direction. (but I'm some what unsure b/c Canada only 19 mi. North of here, but thats what other agents tell her). I guess if thats a quality you want to have in an agent why not have a place to find them? Honestly for me as long as the person is honest I don't care where they go to worship G-d I think there ok. But to each his/her own.

-LT04

As I have mentioned here before......Living in part of the Bible Belt there are many people who advertise in the paper and the Yellow Pages with their company name and the born again sign (fish). Many of the people living here willtell you if they don't see that emblem they won't call that buisness.

Living in Utah, I have seen LDS billboards all the time. Before yesterday they have had more to do with the promoting of our faith rather than a business or for profit. This concept is new to me... still not sure how I feel about promoting yourself based on being LDS. :dontknow:

The house we live in we bought from a LDS couple. They told me that the house was built by a LDS builder that promoted his business at his ward. Didn't bother us... we liked the house, we bought it. :-)

LOL

Would you have bought the house without the "story" any way?

Will you use the history to promote your home when and if you go to sell it?

I see neither pro nor con to this. Some people feel more comfortable dealing with LDS agents, but there are agents who are equally or more competent than one who is LDS. As long as realtor is knowledgable, helpful, and friendly then it doesn't matter to me one way or another.

while any person can log on and see which ward a particular house falls in, local LDS real estate agents can tell you much more about wards and stakes. I really appreciated doing business with an LDS agent when we moved here last summer, and we plan to use her services again when we move (locally) again this summer or fall [we ended up needing to lease a place because school was about to start and we needed to get the kids down here and also our old house wasn't selling and wasn't selling ...].

a lot of LDS agents also specialize in homes designed for or adapted to fit large families (our certainly quallifies there!).

while any person can log on and see which ward a particular house falls in, local LDS real estate agents can tell you much more about wards and stakes. I really appreciated doing business with an LDS agent when we moved here last summer, and we plan to use her services again when we move (locally) again this summer or fall [we ended up needing to lease a place because school was about to start and we needed to get the kids down here and also our old house wasn't selling and wasn't selling ...].

a lot of LDS agents also specialize in homes designed for or adapted to fit large families (our certainly quallifies there!).

What was the agent able to tell you about the ward and stake that you moved into?

Did you use the link to find your LDS Agent?

Although we have nothing like that over here in the UK, we do have a big business in town owned by members from the other ward. They obviously employ non-members but practically the whole ward are employed there or have been at one time or another. The owners we know personally and would count them as friends. They all own a few houses that they rent out in the town and roundabout. One of them has a house up for rent at the moment and he is trying to persuade Rob and I to move in to it but we wont. It's because we dont trust him! They are all sales people and very dishonest. Rob works for them as their decorator for their houses and we've seen the adverts in the paper as having 'brand new fitted carpets' when Rob was there when a carpet cleaner turned up to try and make them look new-do you see what I mean? I think it would damage our friendship as we would really see those little things and think badly of our friend. Better to keep out of it. We know what they are like but I could just see things turning sour. Likewise, I would imagine if someone had a bad experience with an LDS agent it would be worse as they would be thinking, but they're supposed to be church members!!! Just my opinion.