Items that are buried with the deseased.

This is a strange thought or question. It's one that's crossed my mind a time or two in a year and a half. My Dad passed away November 3rd of 2011. He wore glasses and for the viewing we had them on. Just before they shut the casket, they took them off and put them in his pocket of his shirt. He's now in a place where he doesn't need them. As I'm sure he's got perfect vision. So when he is resurrected with his body what happens with the glasses? I'm sure they'll still be there in the casket. Maybe items just turn to dust during resurrection time? He was also buried in a Temple suit. Which is where his glasses are. Will he be resurrected with that suit on? Or will we be provided with other clothing when we get to spirit world? Any one have any in sight on this or care to speculate?

Adam and Eve were naked in the perfect Eden. It wasn't until after the fall that they felt the need to wear clothes. So yeah... I guess it's going to be a nudist colony there.

Okay, okay, I'm only kidding.

On a serious note, when my dad was buried, these items got thrown into the hole with the casket: the black pins that everybody wore, the flowers that we brought, and the condolence cards that we received.

So when he is resurrected with his body what happens with the glasses? I'm sure they'll still be there in the casket. Maybe items just turn to dust during resurrection time? He was also buried in a Temple suit. Which is where his glasses are. Will he be resurrected with that suit on? Or will we be provided with other clothing when we get to spirit world? Any one have any in sight on this or care to speculate?

I really doubt that the body in the casket is the one that will be resurrected, after all, billions of people who have lived throughout history are just dust now, or perhaps just bones.

We are promised a perfected glorified body, not some (and I really do apologize for being so explicit but I don't know how else to say it) rotting corpse.

I really doubt that the body in the casket is the one that will be resurrected, after all, billions of people who have lived throughout history are just dust now, or perhaps just bones.

We are promised a perfected glorified body, not some (and I really do apologize for being so explicit but I don't know how else to say it) rotting corpse.

No zombies? Awww, the under-30 crowd will be upset to hear that.

I think we should treat the diseased and try to heal them. Burying them is just inhumane.

depends what kind of zombies they are, Hell of the Living Dead zombies, if memory serves me well, are virus caused, so can be cured.

But in Zombie vs Ninja or the Thriller video, they are corpses made to walk again by evil magic (or Michael Jackson)

there's no healing them, they're already dead (however, Paladins and Angels in D&D can bring life to them... hmm)

People will be resurrected naked since their clothing will have been rotted away long before. This is why it's so important to have good seamstresses born during The Millenium, to make clothes for the impending mass resurrection of naked people.

You know, there are a bunch of converts on this board who have to think twice when they hear this stuff. :D

I hope so. I certainly don't want this one back. It's too short and too fat.

Seems kinda odd to come here for a body, and then just be given a new one 'cuz our old one is somewhat... displaced at the moment.

Edited by jerome1232

Review Ezekiel's vision in the Valley of the dry bones as well as Amulek's resurrection theme of restoration.

It is the same body, regardless of how dusty and scattered.

Regarding the OP of clothes and such, I must admit I haven't considered that before. One thing I do wish to clarify: When you die, you are fractured. Your body is in the ground, while your spirit (where your consciousness dwells) continues on in the spirit world. If you are clothed as a spirit, it is not with the same clothes you had in mortality, nor the same articles placed on your body at the time of burial. If you are fortunate to be resurrected soon after your burial, I would presume that the clothing would still be on your body (if we are to be naked upon our resurrecting, I don't see why the Lord would have the clothes ripped off us when we can do that ourselves).

Seems kinda odd to come here for a body, and then just be given a new one 'cuz our old one is somewhat... displaced at the moment.

You're here to learn how to control the body, overcome the natural man:

D&C 130: 18 Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection.

I can imagine looking back into my empty coffin and wondering "why in heavens name did they bury me with that? Like it's going to do me any good now!"

Unless, of course, they bury you in a Nomex suit with a case of chilled water :P