Your reason for Unfriending?

Bini

I asked this some time ago and many of you agreed that you don't Unfriend someone on Facebook merely for differing opinions, like religion or political standings. So what is the straw that breaks the camel's back? Apparently, frequent use of profanities are at the top of the list of why people are unfriended.

I can't say that I've unfriended someone for using profanities. I tend to use them from time to time, perhaps more than I should. I have unfriended people for frequently posting shock value articles with graphic imagery. I recently got rid of a relative that kept posting graphic anti child abuse images on my feed. I'm well aware that there's sickos out there and I don't need graphic images of exploited and assaulted children to remind me. That's where I draw the line.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last person I unfriended was a woman in my former ward (and neighbor) who posted an online rant blaming the Sandy Hook shooting on liberal teachers who according to her had taken God out of school. It's all those **** liberal teachers' fault!!!

Edited by Swiper

The only severe unfriending I've done was to an aunt of mine. I was her Facebook friend for the simple "she's family" reason I am with many relatives I rarely see. Oh, she sent me bizarre messages and got in a Facebook fight with my husband, but I ignored those despite the irritation. Then there was a bigger offline incident that caused me to break off what relationship I did have with her. Unfriending her was simply part of ending the relationship (though she did send me a lovely Christmas note). I found out many other family members had also unfriended her.

Unfriending someone on Facebook seems an odd way to comment on a relationship's end, but hey, it's part of this modern world.

Even with the kind note she sent me, I STILL was not comfortable with doing something so relationship-positive as be her Facebook friend.

Usually, I unfriend people when I look over my list and realize I have no attachment whatsoever to these people nor care about their lives.

last person who unfriended me, was because I insulted some... well they're a subgroup of bronies that have a sexual attraction to the ponies on my little pony...

I've unfriended people for annoying me, saying ill of the doll (the facebook page is for a doll-I don't know what they expected) constantly posting pictures of their awful lunch (now, however, whenever someone does that, I post a pic of Gordon Ramsay and berate whatever they are eating, calling it terrible)

I have a short temper, and the doll character has a shorter one

Ha! I'm guilty of posting food on Facebook. I'm a foodie though, I love baking and cooking random meals on a whim, and I'm always proud of the end result. I can't help sharing pictures of "new creations". Holidays it's more of an addiction.

Ha! I'm guilty of posting food on Facebook. I'm a foodie though, I love baking and cooking random meals on a whim, and I'm always proud of the end result. I can't help sharing pictures of "new creations". Holidays it's more of an addiction.

I think most of my updates are related to food in some way.

I've had to hide a bunch of my liberal friends because I don't want to hear liberal garbage every time I sign on to FB. I can still go to their page if I've a mind to and they can still send me a message.

I've only unfriended one person and that was after a heated 'debate' about open source and PCs vs Apple. Kinda dumb when you think about it, but then, I find most Apple fanatics kinda ....

I have posted food, but not on my own page (I don't think). I post on the page of the company or group that provided the recipe.

I haven't unfriended anyone in a long time. I just simply block what they post as status updates from my newsfeeds. Those are ones that constantly use profanity and sexual comments.

I've had to hide a bunch of my liberal friends because I don't want to hear liberal garbage every time I sign on to FB. I can still go to their page if I've a mind to and they can still send me a message.

I've only unfriended one person and that was after a heated 'debate' about open source and PCs vs Apple. Kinda dumb when you think about it, but then, I find most Apple fanatics kinda ....

I have posted food, but not on my own page (I don't think). I post on the page of the company or group that provided the recipe.

Dahlia..don't make me unfriend you on facebook. :P Oh wait..I'm not an apple fanatic. Carry on.

I haven't unfriended anyone in a long time. I just simply block what they post as status updates from my newsfeeds. Those are ones that constantly use profanity and sexual comments.

I have a few people's status' blocked, but somehow I'm stuck usually unfriending rather than simply blocking. I have this strange urge to keep my friends list tidy and free of people who don't interest me. So if you're blocked rather than unfriended, considered it a compliment.

I'm an Apple user but not fanatical. In the last couple years I've left Apple, went to Droid Samsung, then returned back to Apple. I like the ability to customise Droid phones but Apple is super easy to use.

Dravin, some of the best posts are food posts. I have a couple friends that are professionally into the culinary arts. Both are bakers, and they have the neatest ideas for desserts, etc.

Resisiting... urge... grahhbhahrbhhahahahhaa

I've only unfriended one person, my grandma, and it's because she couldn't understand that what shows up in her newsfeed wasn't sent there by me and that it was within her power to hide anything I post from showing up in her newsfeed.

I would "like" something, it would show up in her newsfeed that I liked it, then she would message me, and post on my timeline berating me for sending her stuff.

Aw, well, we still love each other irl.

if it looked good, I'd give a happier Gordon Ramsay snippit :lol:

I unfriend people that insist on trying to save me from my being a minion of satan for being liberal. I try to work with them for awhile but when they are on my friends list to harrass me then they go off it.

I have had to not follow one friend because they have the foulest mouth in the world. I mean really really bad.

I unfriend people that insist on trying to save me from my being a minion of satan for being liberal. I try to work with them for awhile but when they are on my friends list to harrass me then they go off it.

I have had to not follow one friend because they have the foulest mouth in the world. I mean really really bad.

my language only gets foul when I go all Gordon Ramsay over food:lol:

but since my facebook I often do the whole doll-RP with my other BJD friends, swearing isn't something I do (Clover is a child after all, a faerie child but still)