What do I do?

Guest seaner992

Guest seaner992

I met a girl while at college and asked her out back in the end of November. (First and only girl I've ever asked out. I’m 20, and she’s a few months younger) When I asked her she smiled and said yes. She worked Mondays through Saturdays from eight in the morning ‘till eight at night, so she didn't have a lot of free time. During the first of December she invited me to a church event on a Sunday night, so I went. (This was the first time seeing her since asking her out. We’d talked on the phone once or twice and sent a few messages.) It was a Mormon Christmas quire video. Afterwards we talked for a little bit, then she had curfew at ten o’clock. We texted some more, and the next week she invited me to a church event on a Sunday night. I went and it was a “hang out” for kids. We had a religious lesson, then played a game. Afterwards this girl and I went to my pickup and talked for a while. She had to leave after about ten minutes for ten o’clock curfew. The following Tuesday (December 18, 2012) she had a Day off and we went to Applebee’s for our first official date. It lasted about an hour and a half. I would have to say that day was the best day of my life. At the end of the date I paid and she said she was paying the next time, possibly at Spezia. We continued to text each other and talked once more on the phone. She told me about a week later her family decided to move back home and they were leaving in a few weeks. About three hours away. I wrote he a Christmas card and gave her a cd with music of some country singers she said she likes. In the letter I explained how much I liked spending time with her, and how I’m agnostic and not certain about religion, but still follow the twelve commandments. I don’t do drugs, don’t drink and not going to. I also stated that I've never really meet anyone as nice as her. I also put a Christmas poem at the bottom. I dropped off the letter at her church that Sunday night since she had to help her family pack. A few day later she texted me saying the card was sweet and that she was going to leave in a couple of months for a two year mission trip to Brazil and that she couldn't be in a relationship during that period. Within the two months I only texted her a few times since I didn't want to bother her and I didn't really know what to say. I sent here a message on Easter and she replied back that she was unpacking and was reading the Christmas letter I wrote. Time passed ‘till two day before she was leaving for Brazil. I messaged her to have a safe trip and to keep up the good work. She replied back with the same and three exclamation points. That’s the last I've heard from her. Ever since I asked her out she’s I think about. Even though I’m unsure about religion I still pray for her every night. I hadn't prayed in years before I met her. She still has another year or two of college when she get back in two years. (About eight hours from me) I can’t stop thinking about her. I close my eyes and still see her smiling. I live in a small town with very few people my age left, and I don’t leave my house much other than for work. I know she would be better off with someone else, but I've never felt attached to anyone before. What are the chances she’ll remember me and want to get together again in two years? Any other opinions? -- Thank you for taking the time to read this

There's a chance she'd want to get together after she gets back.

My advice... continue to send her greeting cards on holidays while you work on getting yourself to be the kind of person YOU want to be. She'll be back in 18 months so hopefully, by then, you have achieved such confidence in yourself that it would be great if she would want to pick up where you left off but would be okay if she doesn't.

One thing though, with her going on a mission, chances are she would want to be married in the Temple if she ever decides she is ready for marriage. That means that if you want to be that person standing by her side on her wedding day, you might want to check out why she believes in the gospel taught by the LDS church and see if you find truth in it for yourself.

Guest seaner992

Sorry for taking so long to reply back. I’m on vacation with my family, so we’ve been on the road the last couple of days.

I would like to continue to send her post cards, but I don’t know her address. She has my cell phone number, and my last name is on the Christmas letter I gave her. I sent her a friend request on Facebook, but she mentioned she hasn't been online in over six months. Assuming she still has my cell number and adds me on Facebook when she gets back those are the only way of communicating again.

Guest seaner992

I'm not sure who her bishop is. I have a card from one of the with deacons from her old church with his cell number on it. Would he be able to acquire a mailing address for her? My second question is, would she be allowed to receive mail from me? She mention something about not being able to date while she is away, because she has to be focused on why she is there. (I don’t want to get in the way of that, and I’m not a Mormon) – Thank you for the quick responses, both of you.