Young Women doing Baptisms

DaZebra

I saw bright magenta a few weeks ago. Poor girl. White+water=see through, ladies, see through. Knickers reeeally can't be any color other than white. She was so excited I think she just forgot. Or thought pale pink when dry wouldnt turn neon pink when wet. White white white knickers. Or they will show through.

Q

I can't imagine why you'd do anything else. Just take a dry pair to change into when you're done.

Maybe it varies between temples, but when I have done baptisms, the temple provided undergarments. I wore my own, but I think I was the only one.

And of course, white.

When I was going to the temple and doing baptisms everything was provided. Though it has been awhile. Though even in the smaller temple here where you are supposed to bring your own temple clothes undies are provided for the baptistry.

As long as they are white I'm not sure it really matters. The biggest issue is what do you do with the wet clothes when you leave? I think they are provided as a matter of convenience more than anything. If you have a plan and would rather wear your own then go for it.

As a convert, I did baptisms as an adult fairly recently. We wore our own white underwear. Bring a plastic bag for the wet stuff.

This was in the last couple of years for me.

I wasn't aware the temple provided the underwear, so had brought my own. It was clearly commonplace for the temple to provide it, though.

Also, the temple-provided underwear was not the same as what one would bring if they brought their own.

I would be uncomfortable wearing underwear that others have worn. That's just me.

O my yuck. I at least thought y'all were referring to disposable panties. Used under garments keep body soil, even if washed, so wearing panties that other women have also worn -- heck NO.

I would imagine that the temples provided the underwear for the girls who think wearing magenta bras/undies are ok to wear under wet, white temple baptism clothes.

That makes more sense (as an optional last resort) but to circulate and reuse panties over and over among different people, ew.

lol This reminds me of something from an article I read this morning.

To illustrate this Rozin will put, say, a cockroach in a glass of juice and swish it around. He then removes the bug and offers the juice for participants to drink. They, of course, refuse. That's to be expected. But then the interesting part of the experiment begins. Rozin goes on to sterilize the juice in front of the watching participant. He then makes another offer. Participants continue to refuse. This despite knowing, at a rational level, that the juice has been sanitized. So why refuse? Because at the affective level a judgment of contamination continues to dominate. The juice is judged as unclean. Despite all efforts to purify, sanitize, or rehabilitate.

Everything gets bleached, it's clean. You also have to consider the length of time they are worn and the circumstances (heavily chlorinated water). I can't see how "dirty" they would get. As a rule I won't share undies (won't buy them from a thrift store either) but the temple circumstances never bothered me. Go figure.

However, as stated it's a personal decision and if you aren't comfortable bring your own.

Other than the quote the article is a bit off topic, but excellent. lol Experimental Theology: Elizabeth Smart and the Psychology of the Christian Purity Culture

lol This reminds me of something from an article I read this morning.

Everything gets bleached, it's clean. You also have to consider the length of time they are worn and the circumstances (heavily chlorinated water). I can't see how "dirty" they would get. As a rule I won't share undies (won't buy them from a thrift store either) but the temple circumstances never bothered me. Go figure.

However, as stated it's a personal decision and if you aren't comfortable bring your own.

Other than the quote the article is a bit off topic, but excellent. lol Experimental Theology: Elizabeth Smart and the Psychology of the Christian Purity Culture

It never bothered me to use what the temple provided. The thought of anything being "unclean" didn't even occur to me. And to look at them, you would think they were brand-new.

They are not panties. That might have made a difference for some.

And as you stated, you do have the option of brining your own.

The ones I've used were a cotton one piece (covered about like a one piece swimsuit area) that usually ran big so the crotch never really touched you. lol It was just an extra layer just in case. The baptism jumpsuits really are thick enough that I'm not sure you would know if someone wore them or not. Colored undies will show through but that's due to the color so......

The boys from what I saw were just normal white briefs. And no I wasn't "looking through" their wet jumpsuit. We would line up along a counter and as you walked through the line they would measure you for a jumpsuit and at the end of the counter were baskets of socks and undergarments and you picked up what you needed and then went off in different directions to the changing rooms. So I could see the boys basket of undies. lol

For endowed members doing baptisms there are the one piece garments they use for initiatory that can be used. However, the last time I did baptisms was nearly 13 yrs ago. lol

LOL So I had a random memory after my last post. "I think they called them a teddy. You would pick up a jumpsuit, teddy, and a pair of socks." And then I questioned if that's what they really called them so I did a search for "undergarment teddy"..... don't do that by the way. lol I am correct that is what they called them as a teddy is simply a one piece undergarment.... however, the majority of today's versions are designed as lingerie. Imagine my surprise to discover that... lol

LOL So I had a random memory after my last post. "I think they called them a teddy. You would pick up a jumpsuit, teddy, and a pair of socks." And then I questioned if that's what they really called them so I did a search for "undergarment teddy"..... don't do that by the way. lol I am correct that is what they called them as a teddy is simply a one piece undergarment.... however, the majority of today's versions are designed as lingerie. Imagine my surprise to discover that... lol

Thanks for the tip ^_^

As a young woman, I once forgot to bring an extra pair of panties with me on a temple trip. I was wearing white panties, and I wore them in the font, but when I went to dry off and put my dress back on, I realized I was lacking my undergarment. I awkwardly wore my tights under my dress without any panties, and was grateful that I was wearing a dark navy blue dress, otherwise surely everyone would notice as we went out for dessert afterward. Had I realized prior to entering the font, I'd have been grateful to wear a pair of temple-provided underwear instead.