A date... at your ex's place

Backroads

I'm with Beefche. Obviously, the situation doesn't compute for me. Why would this happen? How would this happen if they are exes? Do they still live together? If so, that's super lame sauce.

This did happen to me. First husband and I had called it quits (well, I did) and he moved in with a male coworker before our divorce. The house we lived in was my house, in my name, I was the homeowner. It had only been a couple days since the split and he still had a key somewhere, and let himself in with a woman while I was at work. My shift changed or something because I ended up coming home early and found them in what used to be "our bedroom". It wasn't awkward. It made me realise that my reason for ending the marriage was valid. This was not someone that held any remorse or cared much at all.

Here are the details:

Little Sister is on her mission. Before she left, she broke up with Boyfriend as he is working on returning to his mission (seeing some mission board next month) and they decided to cool things down. So Boyfriend starts dating other girls. Boyfriend also happens to be part of this group of young persons who have specific permission from my parents to come on over whenever they want (had to throw that in so the situation doesn't sound too weird--my parents house is somewhat of a haven/club house and that's that).

Anyway, last night I hear voices in the basement. I figure "Oh, some of those young persons on my parents' list are over" and I want to go see if it's anyone cool.

It's Boyfriend snuggling up with a date (just arm over the shoulder bit, nothing inappropriate).

I found it weird he brought a date over to his old girlfriend's house. Still do.

Its pretty messed up, even with the open invitation to use the house. Bringing a date over abuses the invitation.

Even more awkward is having a family friend date the older sister, get dumped, spend holiday's at with the family, hit on the middle sister, try and date that sister and then hang out exclusively with the younger sister when the middle sister has left on her mission. Key word is hangout, as apparently that nullfies him trying with all 3 women, regardless of age.

I worked with a fun lady a few years ago. On her desk, sat a picture of three people. Her, a guy, and another lady - all bunched up pressed cheek to cheek together. She and the lady look like they're having the time of their lives. The guy in the middle is forcing a smile and you can see the vein bulge quite clearly.

She told me it was a picture of him, his current wife, and his ex-wife. I forget if she was the current or the ex, but apparently they're great friends with each other, and love torturing him like this. Apparently he puts up with it, because all three of them agree that he's done things to clearly deserve such treatment.

I giggle every time I think about that picture.

Personally more awkward is the fact that he thinks he is returning to his mission while actively dating and snuggling with girls in other ppl's houses (invited or otherwise). I'm not saying he's breaking the law of chastity but he's clearly not mission focused. lol

Personally more awkward is the fact that he thinks he is returning to his mission while actively dating and snuggling with girls in other ppl's houses (invited or otherwise). I'm not saying he's breaking the law of chastity but he's clearly not mission focused. lol

That's one of my thoughts. He just recently informed us his stake president is all good with him and now he just has to have that board approve him. I suppose it's not set in stone, but if he does get to go back out, it's probably not wise to be putting oneself in the position of messing it all up again.

Happened to a good friend of mine. Was pretty much incapable of going out on his mission due to slip-ups. When he finally got his act permanently together, he was too old.

I don't think that's weird, but it definitely is thoughtless as there isn't a lot of places his ex-girlfriend can go to avoid him.

You mean other than the mission she's currently on? Avoidance isn't really an issue until she gets back home.

just a note. I have 10 children. 5 by my beloved wife and 5 through marriage (as all of my blood kin kids are now married). The Wife and I have made it very clear that are new children are indeed our children and should something happen to their marriage (break up) - they will always be welcome in our home with the same expectations as much as any of our other children.

The result is that we do not have in-law issues any more than natural kid issues - maybe even less.

The Traveler

I have spent Christmas with my husband's ex wife and her mother and children. She has spent Christmas at my family's place.

Originally it was all done for the sake of the children, now we are all just good friends. They had broken up well before I came on the scene. My husband thinks it more awkward than anyone else.

But that is a mature situation. Nothing to do with missions, etc.

I find the scenario you describe, the boyfriend is very insensitive and immature. It is wrong on many levels.