Anyone feeling cold hearted today? Just open this post.

carlimac

Is this the first puppy since your other golden? I might be thinking of someone else.. She's gorgeous.

We had a little black pound puppy that didn't work out for us. We found another good home for him with more patience and endurance with small breeds. I guess we're just large breed folks.

Okay, I know this post ill bring a great deal of ire to my person. But since some already think I am particularly cold hearted I figure I have little to lose and someone may find some hidden piece of wisdom. My son and his wife decided a couple of months back to acquire a puppy. She (the puppy as well as my daughter-in-law) is a complete delight. However, the puppy has had several issues resulting in vet costs have been continually rising and now very close to $1,000 beyond the purchase of the puppy.

The puppy has developed a limp (associated with some pain) and it looks like doggy surgery may the the "best" solution. A solution that will likely cost them an additional $3,000. I suggested that they may want to consider a new puppy for $300. If anyone want to accuse me of being cold hearted - it has already been done - by individuals that I personally love a lot more than any of you - so enjoy making fun of this post all you like. :D

There is one good thing to come out of all this - I am no longer at the top of the puppy sitting list. :disenchanted:

The Traveler

Okay, I know this post ill bring a great deal of ire to my person. But since some already think I am particularly cold hearted I figure I have little to lose and someone may find some hidden piece of wisdom. My son and his wife decided a couple of months back to acquire a puppy. She (the puppy as well as my daughter-in-law) is a complete delight. However, the puppy has had several issues resulting in vet costs have been continually rising and now very close to $1,000 beyond the purchase of the puppy.

The puppy has developed a limp (associated with some pain) and it looks like doggy surgery may the the "best" solution. A solution that will likely cost them an additional $3,000. I suggested that they may want to consider a new puppy for $300. If anyone want to accuse me of being cold hearted - it has already been done - by individuals that I personally love a lot more than any of you - so enjoy making fun of this post all you like. :D

There is one good thing to come out of all this - I am no longer at the top of the puppy sitting list. :disenchanted:

The Traveler

I've got chills (the bad kind) just reading that. :( That just wouldn't be good.

Edited by carlimac

Perhaps I should explain a few things. As a child we raised chickens and rabbits that we would butcher ourselves for our table - along with animals we hunted. I was quite found of the rabbits and had a difficult time learning to butcher them - I will not go into the details knowing the sensitivity of many on the forum. Because this was part of my childhood; it may seem that I am cold hearted. Perhaps I am.

Update: My son and his wife decided to quit taking their puppy dog to the vet. It was especially hard on my daughter-in-law -- at first. However, it has been about a month and 1/2 now and the puppy is doing just fine. The limp is gone and the dog has completely recovered on its own. Son and daughter-in-law feel a little taken by the vet. Though they did not spend the $3,000 they did spend several hundred. They still love their dog - as do I. But they are not so sensitive about the puppy now.

The Traveler