New Familysearch.org

Gwen

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Perhaps because newfamilysearch doesn't exist. It's back to FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records

When it was newfamilysearch.org it was the test site.

I have to answer this question at least once a day when people fill out a "contact us."

Edited by pam

Perhaps because newfamilysearch doesn't exist. It's back to FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records

When it was newfamilysearch.org it was the test site.

I have to answer this question at least once a day when people fill out a "contact us."

newfamilysearch is still there, but it redirects to FamilySearch. The address looks like this: new.familysearch.org.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

no tenia idea de porque no podia ingresar a familysearch y doy gracias por cada dia tener mas tecnologia y poder hacer obra por nuestros antepasados con mayor facilidad saludos a todos rosy matamoros de monterrey nuevo leon mexico

La tecnología hace mas facil.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hidden

Is anyone else having this problem with familysearch?

I log in with my username and password, it takes me to another window and I'm able to access it, but I still see the "sign in" button at the top of the screen, it doesn't say "sign out". I should already be signed in if I'm able to access the system.

Maybe I'm going crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

When I first started trying to do genealogy, there was no background for the name as though we did not exist. I lived on a farm that my great grandfather , James Madison Crews (Cruze) had established in the very early 1800's and I was born in the house he had built before theCivil War. I found some old deeds and found the name was originally Crews. My great, great, great grandfather was James Madison Crews, born 1758 in Buckingham, Virginia. He and his brother , Gideon, who were Quakers, joined the army and fought in the Revolutionary War. Of course they were disfellowshipped from the Quakers. He, with his family, and brother Gideon, and his family migrated to Tennessee around the beginning of the 1800's. James Madison and his descendants were very close and often spent 2 or 3 days visiting, had all day singings with lunch on the ground etc. With his children and grandchildren there was a large family. They lived in Knox and Blount Counties ,Tennessee. Some settled in the Neubert Springs area and a lot of them live there now, just out of Knoxville, some in South Knoxville and some still in the Straw Plains area just out of Knoxville. The descendants of James Madison Crews decided to change the name. They picked the name of Cruz and added the "e" to make Cruze which sounded like Crews. My grandfather was born around that time in the middle of the 1800's . He died when I was 16 but I did not know at that time about the name change. I am sure he could have told me why this was done. It is thought that the family was so close that they decided to change the name of all the descendants of the Revolutionary War soldier. Another reason may have been to separate themselves as "Crews" from the Crews who owned slaves. I do know that when I first tried to do genealogy , for a time I was not sure we existed. Oh yes, some time after the family migrated to Tennessee and before the name was changed, 3 sons, Ellison, John Morris and Walter Crews migrated to Illinois and so their names were never changed to Cruze.

I am now 89, work in the Family History Center in Centreville, Virginia, in good health and enjoying life with my 40 great grandchildren and 2 great great grandchildren. I am the pioneer in my family. I was raised in the Protestant churches, discovered the LDS church when I was 22 and was baptised when I was 24 in the Tennessee river in Knoxville, Tennessee.. At that time we met in the morning for Sunday School and in the evening for Sacrament. we met in the building that belonged to the Woodmen of the World and had to go in on Sunday morning and sweep up the cigarette butts and beer cans. It was a small branch with only a couple of dozen members. Now there is at least 2 Wards and the Stake house is in Knoxville, also. We had 3 sets of missionaries usually 4 elders and 2 lady missiionaries. They always came home with us after Sunday School and spent the afternoon with us, we discussed gospel principles, studied the scriptures, went for walks around the farm and usually took a nap. We met at 7 pm that evening. At that time I lived in a 3 room house which had at one time been the tenant house. I had a year old son. I was not a member and was neve asked to be baptised. I believe they thought I was a member.After a couple of years, I finally asked the Branch President to baptise me. Jim Travis was his name. Most of my descendants are members, are active and have been to the temple. I have been very blessed.

• 4 weeks later...