New Scout/Church Award

I attended scout camp last week and was excited to see a new award available. It is called the LDS-BSA Commemoration Award of the Buffalo.

The requirements involve a reading significant dates with the church and scouts, discussing how scouts will prepare the youth for missions, and discussing some more church beliefs.

The award is pretty neat looking and had a buffalo head with a temple on it. Our boys were very proud of receiving this and wore it everywhere.

The camp gave out the pamphlets, but I would encourage you to check with your council to see if this is available in your area.

I attended scout camp last week and was excited to see a new award available. It is called the LDS-BSA Commemoration Award of the Buffalo.

The requirements involve a reading significant dates with the church and scouts, discussing how scouts will prepare the youth for missions, and discussing some more church beliefs.

The award is pretty neat looking and had a buffalo head with a temple on it. Our boys were very proud of receiving this and wore it everywhere.

The camp gave out the pamphlets, but I would encourage you to check with your council to see if this is available in your area.

I don't know if this is a widely available award. The only mention I can find of it on the internet is in your post and in this link from the Utah National Parks Council.

At the Jamboree, LDS-BSA introduced an award called the Thomas S. Monson award. The requirements for it are here.

My response to both of these awards is 'lame.' For each one, you could reasonably complete the requirements in a matter of a few hours without having actually done anything meaningful. I'm not crazy about even the Duty to God awards, but at least those require something along the lines of a few months to complete.