Kelly Clarkson

Traveler

Okay - took some grand kids to a Kelly Clarkson concert. We were on row 4. The kids enjoyed it but the speakers were way to laud for me. I could not hear anything for 2 days and my ears were ringing for about a week. I spent most of the time covering my ears. Next time I go to a concert with grand kids - I am wearing serious industrial grade ear protection.

Seriously is this the norm for concerts? Do people really enjoy such things when the sound is turned up to the threshold of pain?

The Traveler

Since when is Kelly Clarkson a country artist?

She has one country song, IIRC. But, then she also has sang duets with other country artists and those songs are played often. I wouldn't classify her as a country singer, but she has had some crossover hits on the country charts.

You are complaining about a country concert being too loud? I'd suggest you keep a 1 mile distance from any type of rock concert.

Kelly Clarkson isn't country. She grew up on country and enjoys it but that's not her main genre.

Seriously is this the norm for concerts? Do people really enjoy such things when the sound is turned up to the threshold of pain?

The Traveler

Yes, you can talk to my sister. She'll often have her ear-buds turn up high enough you can hear the song perfectly for a 3 or 4 feet away.

Hi Wingnut! I hope you are doing well. :)

Since we are asking, what is the difference? Seems that what I hear on the radio today regardless is just "pop" music. The same tired chords with the same tired subject matters. In country you sing with a twang. If you are a rocker, you sing all rebel like. If you are a rapper, you sound all gansta and move your hands in a special way.

But, at the end of the day, its the same chords, same music, same stuff.

My opinion, of course.

Regards,

Finrock

Laud? And what godly proclamation were the speakers proclaiming?

Sorry...

Having worked as a sound-guy for decades, I have worked next to those loud, loud speakers so now my hearing is starting to fade, there is a permanent ringing in my ears that can sometimes be so loud it wakes me up. I also saw this article on Fox News a few days ago that might be of interest.

Well I feel sheepish.

First I thought a picture with people in it was a picture with weeds, and now I had Kelly Clarkson in the wrong Genre.

Fish oil is good for your brain right? I'ma go take a double dose right now.

^_^

Well I feel sheepish.

^_^

Don't feel bad. That's not as bad as my dumb today. I was filling out a job application online, and somehow (and I'm not sure how) I managed to confuse the "your name" and "name of your high school", and so I submitted it that way.

(I was able to change it, but MAN, I feel dumb!)

I used to work in the music industry.

We ALL wear earplugs.

Typically drum earplugs at all times (you can still hear perfectly, unlike foam/wax/silicone/etc...it's just like spinning the knob down to "quiet" instead of "bleed"j, and carring a pair of gun range ear protection on a belt for backup.

Q

Well I feel sheepish.

First I thought a picture with people in it was a picture with weeds, and now I had Kelly Clarkson in the wrong Genre.

Fish oil is good for your brain right? I'ma go take a double dose right now.

^_^

I'm glad I won't be standing next to you because if you burp, you'll smell like fish. That's why I quit taking it. Yuck! :lol:

When I was in high school, my church's youth group would go to these different rallies, and they always had super loud music. I didn't mind it really tho.

I actually ended up falling asleep during one of them :) I don't know how.

And I love Kelly Clarkson, but I would place her into a more country-ish pop. Her's doesn't seem to fit the general pop genre

Edited by wyarwehere