Happification!

Wingnut

My new home and yard make me so happy. I love seeing sunflowers sway behind my grape vines. I have grape vines! I love all the sunshine that comes through my windows. My previous house wasn't very well lit.

My husband has an interview tomorrow. He had an interview for another promising job last week. I'm starting to feel like we might someday have health insurance and retirement benefits again.

We are starting our staycation tonight. Other than the job interview, it will be strictly family time, including a day trip to the mountains. I can't wait.

The guy who went to jail for threatening to kill me and the neighbor got three years probation, no contact for three years and court ordered mental health evaluation, and drug & alcohol evaluation. The judge was real specific about it to. Must go to every session. Must Participate Fully. Must complete. IF you miss just one scheduled appointment you will be arrested and finish out the 3 years in jail. There is no lee way on this. Just one appointment!

He is out as of yesterday morning. Even though the court has ordered him to not be 100 feet from me, and he can not be in this area, I am not calm. (got a Rx from my Dr this morning for mild tranqs so I can sleep at night.) If he shows up in this neighborhood - which by the way is also where his drug dealers are - and he is caught by the sheriff deputies, then he goes back to jail. These were the agreements he signed to in his plea. There was one count of menacing and one count of attempt to commit that were dismissed.

The fact that the courts were not wimpy where his being a meth user is concerned, then yes it is a good week.

Last week was a super awesome week for me, that I'd happily live over again. This week, on Tuesday night, I received an email just before bed that my Articles of Organization had been processed by the state of Ohio, which officially makes me a small business owner -- wahoo!!!!! Today I got my first inquiry to shoot senior portraits, from a super pretty and nice girl. And, my dad joined Facebook tonight -- what??

Yesterday, I had a peanut butter bacon ice cream shake.

It's the little things.

There's a restaurant in my area that has an "Apple Pie Vanilla Bean Maple Bacon Shake." I tried some of someone else's once...I wasn't impressed. Of course, I wasn't impressed with the restaurant overall, but that was because I had heard it hyped up waaaaay too much before I ever went there, so there was really no way to live up to the expectation. Anyway, the shake just had too much going on for me. A lot of people love it, though.

Instead of staying home and maybe just going to a restaurant for my birthday, I decided to throw caution to the winds and go to Chicago where I met up with a bunch of other professors from the Chronicle fora for academics. I met people I'd only known by our online conversations and found out they were delightful. I went to the art gallery. I ate tapas, which I'd never had. I had some fantastic chocolate ice cream and a mango sorbet to die for.

I got past the easy part - staying home - and took some action to do something for myself.

This past week I've been in Germany where I served my mission!! I love how green it is over here. I love all the beautiful castles we've visited. But, what has been the most special is that I was able to attend church in the second city I served in as a missionary. It was wonderful to see how this small Branch has grown. It has more than doubled in size. My heart is full from meeting with wonderful members I haven't seen in over thirty years. I loved and still love the people I served. There are no words to explain the depth of feeling I have towards these beloved members.

What makes me happy today, is packing for a trip that will include hundreds of rounds of 9mm, .223, .22 and .308 being expended over the weekend. :)

Additional happiness is finding 200 rounds of .308 I do not remember buying. :banana:

60 rounds of .308 later, I am sore...but a good sore. :) (not to mention 300 or so rounds of 9mm, 200 or so .223).

Happification complete.