Have I passed to the point of no return? Help!

Lindsbro123

Can you be forgiven twice for the same mistake?

I am so ashamed of myself that I can hardly talk about this. I was born into the church but my family has been inactive my entire life. When I was only 12 I was in the worst surrounding possible for temptation. And I ultimately broke the law of chastity, I did not want to but things just happened, I was young, impressionable, and scared. I felt so guilty and empty and cried myself to sleep often. After that I made the decision to become active in the church even if my family wasn't and found rides every week. Finally I went to my bishop and fully repented Nd was forgiven of my sin and peace was restored to me. But here I am, 7 years later. I had become inactive for the past 9 months. I stayed strong against any temptations for a very long time, but things slowly started creeping in little at a time, and before I know it I am rationalizing things that I would have normally said no to. Long story short... I broke the law of chastity again. I wasn't thinking! I didn't even want to! I made him stop and was/still am disgusted and ashamed and mad at myself beyond words. I am so upset and distraught. I can't believe I have done something so terrible as to repeat a horrible sin. I have every desire to do right, I am reading scriptures again, and going back to church. But I am afraid to confess my sins a second time! Is it possible to be forgiven again for this same sin? Is it too late for me? Am I ever going to be able to marry in the temple? Help!

The Lord told Alma, "as often as my people repent will I forgive them their trespasses against me." (Mos 26:30) The scriptures list only one sin that is "unpardonable," and this one is not it (even multiple offenses). Through repentance, Christ's atonement is big enough to cover all of your sins, no matter how many, not matter how serious, no matter how many times.

Repent and evaluate your situation?! Ask questions like..how do I avoid putting myself into temptating situations? Is my partner ready to assist me in changing? God forgives us but we just also forgive ourselves. Sometimes without self forgiveness, change is more difficult! May the Lord strengthen you as you find repentance and peace.

Can you be forgiven twice for the same mistake?

I am so ashamed of myself that I can hardly talk about this. I was born into the church but my family has been inactive my entire life. When I was only 12 I was in the worst surrounding possible for temptation. And I ultimately broke the law of chastity, I did not want to but things just happened, I was young, impressionable, and scared. I felt so guilty and empty and cried myself to sleep often. After that I made the decision to become active in the church even if my family wasn't and found rides every week. Finally I went to my bishop and fully repented Nd was forgiven of my sin and peace was restored to me. But here I am, 7 years later. I had become inactive for the past 9 months. I stayed strong against any temptations for a very long time, but things slowly started creeping in little at a time, and before I know it I am rationalizing things that I would have normally said no to. Long story short... I broke the law of chastity again. I wasn't thinking! I didn't even want to! I made him stop and was/still am disgusted and ashamed and mad at myself beyond words. I am so upset and distraught. I can't believe I have done something so terrible as to repeat a horrible sin. I have every desire to do right, I am reading scriptures again, and going back to church. But I am afraid to confess my sins a second time! Is it possible to be forgiven again for this same sin? Is it too late for me? Am I ever going to be able to marry in the temple? Help!

Its never too late to repent, or to be forgiven. The Lord will forgive. We're here to make mistakes, and making the same mistake twice isn't ideal, as we're to learn from our mistakes, but you are far from the only one to make such a mistake. I speak from experience. Talk to your Bishop.