Mormon, Christian, or Latter-day Saint?

JodyTJ

Mormon, Christian, Latter-day Saint, or Something Crazy?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Mormon, Christian, Latter-day Saint, or Something Crazy?

• Mormon
    • Christian
    • Latter-day Saint/LDS
    • Something crazy you like to call yourself

There was a thread like this a few years ago, but I don't think everyone understood what the poster was trying to ask. A lot of people were making jokes. :lol:

Anyways, if someone came up to you, and asked what religion you were apart of, what would you say?

Mormon,

Christian,

Latter-day Saint/LDS, or

something crazy you like to call yourself :D

Since I am Catholic, I tell my friends I am Catholic. However, when I am baptized into the LDS Church, I will most likely say Mormon, or Latter-day Saint.

I try to understand the person that is asking. However, when I am not sure of why the person is asking I generally just say that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. If they continue to question and I am still not sure of why they are asking I will respond that I am a disciple of Christ after the order of Melchizedeck. If they dare ask any more questions - I explain that The order of Melchizedek defined the religion and the means of worship of Jesus and ask if they would like to know more about Jesus Christ and why he was of the order of Melchizedek.

The Traveler

I've never heard that one before.:lol:

He didn't quite get it right

Kirk: [Explaining Spock's odd behavior] Oh, him? He's harmless. Back in the sixties, he was part of the free speech movement at Berkeley. I think he did a little too much LDS.

Dr. Gillian Taylor: LDS?

I try to understand the person that is asking. However, when I am not sure of why the person is asking I generally just say that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. If they continue to question and I am still not sure of why they are asking I will respond that I am a disciple of Christ after the order of Melchizedeck. If they dare ask any more questions - I explain that The order of Melchizedek defined the religion and the means of worship of Jesus and ask if they would like to know more about Jesus Christ and why he was of the order of Melchizedek.

The Traveler

If I was not LDS, that approach would totally turn me off. I would wonder why you just don't say you are LDS or a Mormon.

I agree with Pam. My husband thinks it amusing to answer questions cryptically, all it does is annoy people (including me).

To me, it seems that you have something to hide or are embarrassed about revealing your religion.

I have to admit though, I have answered with "Not applicable" on a form before - because it was totally irrelevant to the situation, as was my occupation.

He didn't quite get it right

Kirk: [Explaining Spock's odd behavior] Oh, him? He's harmless. Back in the sixties, he was part of the free speech movement at Berkeley. I think he did a little too much LDS.

Dr. Gillian Taylor: LDS?

Headsmack!

I humbly hand over my Thinkgeek points and titanium spork.

Kirk-it.

Check.

Q

Actually it was Captain Kirk that said "He did a little too much LDS."

I think you guys are starting to show your age. :)

I usually just say I'm Christian. The reason I do this, is not because I'm ashamed, but because a lot of my friends from college will start a disagreement with me if I say anything about the church. Since I'm still following Christ, I don't have a problem with this explanation.

There was a thread like this a few years ago, but I don't think everyone understood what the poster was trying to ask. A lot of people were making jokes. :lol:

Anyways, if someone came up to you, and asked what religion you were apart of, what would you say?

Mormon,

Christian,

Latter-day Saint/LDS, or

something crazy you like to call yourself :D

Since I am Catholic, I tell my friends I am Catholic. However, when I am baptized into the LDS Church, I will most likely say Mormon, or Latter-day Saint.

I'd prolly lean toward lds.. but the other options tend to not be far behind.

When I'm baptized (in an hour!!!!!!!!) I will probably say Latter-Day Saint. For some reason, I don't like the word Mormon. There seems to be too much of a negative connotation associated with the term lately (and historically).

For my friends though, I may just say Mormon for ease, but I prefer I'm a Latter-Day Saint.