What's your favourite Book of Mormon verse?

JodyTJ

Greetings JodyTJ and welcome,

I don't have a specific verse that is my favourite yet. I've just recently started reading the Book of Mormon, and no verse has really popped out at me so far. I'll find a favourite verse soon enough. :D

What's your favourite? :)

Like yourself I to have recently (June) begun to (re)read the Book of Mormon after a 15 year absence from the Church. It has been through the picking up of the Book of Mormon again that I have returned to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Though as of now I have no specific favorite verse, I do have a favorite chapter (Alma 32). Very powerful.

I encourage you to keep on reading :)

Ankh

I don't have a specific verse that is my favourite yet. I've just recently started reading the Book of Mormon, and no verse has really popped out at me so far. I'll find a favourite verse soon enough. :D

What's your favourite? :)

my fave verse from the Book of mormon;

Jacob 4

[6] Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea.

favorite part of the whole scriptures is when Christ pleads with heavenly father saying; ".. forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Jacob 5

41 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant: What could I have done more for my vineyard?

47 But what could I have done more in my vineyard? Have I slackened mine hand, that I have not nourished it? Nay, I have nourished it, and I have digged about it, and I have pruned it, and I have dunged it; and I have stretched forth mine hand almost all the day long, and the end draweth nigh. And it grieveth me that I should hew down all the trees of my vineyard, and cast them into the fire that they should be burned. Who is it that has corrupted my vineyard?

Depends on the day.

Favorite Chapter Moroni 7 Along wiht Alma 12 (i think its 12 don't want to look)

Favorite Doctrine 2 Nephi 31-32 about the doctrine of Christ

Favorite verse

2 Nephi 11:4 Behold, my soul delighteth in proving unto my people the truth of the coming of Christ; for, for this end hath the law of Moses been given; and all things which have been given of God from the beginning of the world, unto man, are the typifying of him.

Favorite book 3 Nephi :D

I really just love it all ya know? :rolleyes:

And favorite greatest promised blessings to me? Ether 4.

Favorite atonement chapter 2 nephi 2/9 lol... Ok thats enough. Don't forget the new testament about the life of JC too thats good stuff.

Guest AMormonforObama

My favorite verse in the Book of Mormon is Moroni 10:4

"And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, if these things are not true and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost."

When I began investigating the church I had many lifestyle changes I had to make to be eligible for baptism. The missionaries did not concentrate on these changes I needed to make but rather, had me read this verse and concentrate on gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon. When I gained a testimony of it, I had no problems making the changes that needed to be made.